Part II Architectural Assistant
Thinking Buildings are looking for talented and enthusiastic Part 2 graduates to join our Derby City Centre office.
ABOUT THINKING BUILDINGS
Thinking Buildings are a RIBA chartered practice. The practice has a wide portfolio of work and clients covering educational, commercial, high quality one off houses and low energy design. As a practice we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- An opportunity to flourish in a team environment. We are currently a practice of 9.
- Easy to access locations in Derby City Centre.
- Regular training, CPD and an aim to excel at developing BIM skills.
- Flexible working conditions where getting the job done is the most important measure.
- Exposure to all aspects of practice - you will never be bored.
We would like to hear from you if you are the type of person that is able to meet a challenge, design beautiful and functional buildings, put client service top of the list and work as part of a team.
If so Thinking Buildings has an exciting opportunity to join a busy and expanding practice that is going places.
As a practice, we believe in the longer term benefits of moulding fantastic graduates into fantastic Architects, providing exposure to projects whilst also providing appropriate training, guidance and support.
We’re looking for:
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and flexible personality who is striving to help.
- Hands on can do attitude, with a willingness to get involved in glamorous as well as less glamorous work.
- Good design skills.
- Good technical/constructional knowledge and an interest in how things come together.
- Skills, interest and a desire to use BIM. (ArchiCAD use a real plus)
- A friendly outgoing personality that can thrive in a close knit office environment.
- Car owner with full UK licence.
Thinking Buildings deliver all projects using BIM software (ArchiCAD). Having some BIM skills and interest would be a distinct advantage in the role although full training can be provided.
PREVIOUS GRADUATE TESTIMONIAL
"I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Thinking Buildings and received a fantastic experience in the process. The practice takes on a wide array of projects from small house extensions to larger commercial schemes. This has allowed me to work on projects at varying work stages and of different scales to gain a complete picture of the design process.
I wanted to join a company that placed a lot of importance in using BIM, although I was always nervous of my lack of experience in using it. Due to being within a close-knit environment, it was much easier to pick up the software quickly, with the team willing to invest their time in helping me grasp it. I am now very comfortable in using the software, so much so, that I was asked to produce the company’s new BIM template!
I would definitely recommend Thinking Buildings to anyone looking for a placement year. I really felt like a key member of the team and feel like I have learnt so much in such a short space of time. I shall go on to my further studies with fond memories of my time here."
If this job is for you please email James Hutton with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org