Senior Urban Designer
If you are a experienced Urban designer looking for a design led practice who offers grear benefits and values its staff then this could be the role for you. An established, award winning multidisciplinary practice who have built a strong reputation outside of London is currently in the process of expanding its urban design in its London office located in Mayfair.
The practice was established over 30 years ago with over 80 employees spread over their 2 offices. Projects will include projects such as residential, leisure, commercial and education. The practice prides itself on its design focused and its employee engagement, so this role is ideal for those looking for a long term rewarding role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Devise creative design solutions on a range of masterplanning projects and design strategies
- Prepare rigorous site analysis and contextual analysis work
- Initiate the preparation of Design & Access Statements and Design Codes by preparing
- drawings and text as well as formatting the documents
- Review relevant local regional and national planning policies
- Assist senior members with fee proposals and project management
- Undertake day-to-day management of smaller projects
- Support the design teams through the research into project specific urban design issues
- Attend client meetings with senior members (attend alone when required)
- Attend public consultation events
- Lead site visits
Required Skills & Experience
Experience in major development projects in the commercial, mixed use and retail sectors in the UK Excellent communication and engagement skills Strong design skills essential Liaise effectively with other teams and external consultants Excellent organisational skills Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure Ability to work in teams and on own initiative
Experience of the following software would be desirable; - Vectorworks/AutoCAD? - Adobe Creative Suite? - Sketchup
Salary & Package
A competitive salary is offered fully dependent on experience, alongside the following benefits;
Private healthcare scheme Death in service Permanent health insurance Generous Annual leave entitlement Payment of all appropriate professional subscriptions Company pension scheme
The practice has a very active social committee who organise monthly events from company parties, office excursions and evening socials, including wine tasting, quiz night, greyhound racing amongst many others.
They have a variety of groups to cater to all hobbies including football and netball teams, book club and sketch group. Additionally, the organisation offers extensive inhouse CPD sessions and support to gain professional accreditations.
Apply for Senior Urban Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly