Experienced Architect / Project Architect
If you an architect looking for the opportunity to help run a small residential team within an AJ100 practice, and take a lead within the design team, then read on…
Having recently won two new commissions for some major residential projects in Cambridge and London, my client now seeks a Project Architect to join their incredibly successful and well-established practice of 70.
Based in the heart of Brixton, this Chartered Architectural firm specialise predominantly in large scale, high end residential design. Their work is spilt into 4 main sectors; Commercial, Residential, Hotels and Master Planning across the East of England and London. They are an ambitious and ever-growing practice, who encourage personal development and are passionate about high-quality design.
Role & Responsibilities
This is an opportunity for a self-motivated Project Architect to lead a small residential team. To begin you will have the opportunity to work specifically on two 600-unit residential developments based in Cambridge. You will take a leading role in the detailed design stages of these projects and will work alongside the team Director to ensure this runs smoothly and the team work efficiently.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience post RIBA Part-III
- Thorough understanding of design issues on large scale residential and office projects
- Excellent design and technical skills
- Excellent graphic and computer skills
- Have a flexible and committed attitude to work
- Leadership qualities and organisational skills are pre-requisites for this position, as it will entail leading and assisting junior team members
- Detailed understanding and ability to manage a project in AutoCAD
- Ability to manage the detailed design development; co-ordination and production information of large scale residential projects
- Good working knowledge of UK Building Regulations and Building Standards
- Good communication and co-ordination skills are key
- It is vital that you are fluent in both written and spoken English
Salary & Package
£35,000 – £40,000 DOE
In addition to a competitive salary, a work place pension contribution is also available. You will receive 20 days holiday a year, however after two years’ service, holiday entitlement will increase by one day per year, up to a maximum of five additional days, giving 25 days total. Working hours are 9 am – 5.30 pm.
The team are a diverse and innovative group of people and regularly hold social activities, such as Friday drinks and regular lunches together. Regular CPD is encouraged in-house, an optional season ticket loan is offered and as an Employee Owned Trust, the company is run for the benefit of their staff. Consequently, making this a great place for excellent architects to make long-term careers.
Apply for Experienced Architect / Project Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly