Luxury design house March & White with offices in London, New York and Los Angeles are recruiting for a highly motivated Architect to join its London office. The successful person will report directly to the Associate Director and work with a team on the most exclusive residential, private client and commercial projects in the city. The candidate will have strong conceptual skills and proven relevant experience.
Candidates need to be able to work in an office that has a casual corporate culture with a team approach. Furthermore, you must be comfortable working autonomously and possess exceptional attention to detail.
The position represents a unique opportunity to work at the forefront of creative design with one of the world’s leading international design firms on exemplary cutting edge projects.
Education and Experience
You must be a UK registered Architect with BA or BSc Degree in Architecture, a Bachelor of Architecture, completion of Part III, or equal to a UK recognised qualification, with a min of 2 years post-graduate experience (including at least 1 year in the UK).
As a Middleweight Architect, you will have experience in high-end luxury residential interiors, but we work on a wide ranging portfolio covering all sectors including high-end residential commissions, hotels, restaurants, commercial buildings and private members’ clubs.
You will have experience of and a keen interest in construction and interior detailing, including joinery, with the ability to see through designs from conception to realisation working with clients, consultants, suppliers and contractors to achieve the highest levels of quality.
A thorough understanding and appreciation of working on Listed Buildings in the inner London boroughs is required, with the knowledge and sensitivity to be able to liaise effectively with Local Authority Planning and heritage officers as well as Building Control.
March & White’s international portfolio includes high-profile projects in the USA, Europe and the Middle East. You should be comfortable applying your skills to international projects and the ability to liaise effectively with designers, consultants, contractors and Clients from other cultural and professional backgrounds.
You will work closely with a team of skilled designers and technical architects, all of whom are led by an Associate Director. You are expected to be ‘hands-on’ in your approach whilst using your initiative to complete tasks with a calm natured response.
Required Skills and Responsibilities
- Experienced in dealing with clients, contractors and other suppliers in a highly professional manner
- Experienced in developing residential and commercial planning applications and a working comprehensive knowledge of the UK Planning and Building Regulations system is also essential
- Proven knowledge in preparing full tender and construction packages
- Proven experience in creating and developing conceptual designs including the skill of using colour and texture, and the ability to explain these to others
- Proven working knowledge of new build construction and refit projects (including materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling)
- Experienced in AutoCAD, Photoshop, 3D modelling software, Excel and other industry software packages would all be advantageous
- Ability to advise clients on all technical aspects of a design project
- Self-motivated but also a good team member who is able to work quickly and efficiently in an organised manner
- Self-confident and able to cope with criticism of your work
- Organised, and able to manage your time effectively, whilst mentoring junior team members
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Working accurately to a written or verbal brief, which details how each individual space will be used
- Producing detailed drawings to a very high standard and level of accuracy
- Preparing and presenting design proposals to clients
- Maintaining and inspiring creativity
- Liaising with contractors and other professionals and specialists
- Attending regular meetings with clients, contractors and other specialists
- Building and growing existing client relationships
- Coordinating the work of the design team and sub-consultants
- Making site visits to monitor progress
- Dealing with site/construction problems and RFIs etc. that might arise during construction phase
- Comply with the ARB ‘Architects Code: Standards of Conduct and Practice’
- Understand and comply with the requirements of CDM 2015, including the Principal Designer role
Apply for Interiors Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly