Lead Development Manager
Findlay Fraher is a fast-growing property development, construction and management company that seeks to deliver creative, sustainable and spacious homes which redefine modern living. To support our growth and success we are looking for top talent to join our entrepreneurial team!
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate looking to focus on the delivery of high-quality projects. Principally working across in our Development businesses the role focuses on RIBA work stages 3-7. Working closely with one of the founding Directors who is also a chartered Architect, the candidate will be responsible for the delivery of the companies built portfolio. We aim to deliver award-winning Architecture using cutting-edge construction techniques and methodology. With a particular focus on offsite manufacturer and timber technologies, a candidate with experience in these fields would have an advantage. With a current development pipeline of 9 units split across two sites in SE London with more in negotiation, this is a fast-paced and rapidly evolving role.
We’re looking for someone to join the team that has 5+ years experience as a Building Professional with the following key skills: proven track record of delivering design led residential multi-unit schemes (1-20 units), costing minor works including subcontractor tendering and review, building condition surveys and reports and project management experience of construction value from £50k to £3m. A wealth of site experience combined with an eye for detail and managing site and office based teams is key.
As our business continues to grow, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced and challenging environment dealing with land agents, owners, tenants, professional and contractors. You will work directly with the Group Directors, making this one of the most high profile roles within the organisation. Given the variety and scope of duties, you will not only gain excellent exposure, but you’ll have the opportunity to prove yourself and progress within the business.
- Management of an assistant.
- Monitoring, forecasting and reporting regularly to the Directors on all aspects of core responsibilities.
- Management of professional external teams including structural engineers, Architects, quantity surveyors, planning consultants, and other key members of design and build team.
- Ensuring Findlay Fraher principles and operational guidelines are followed at all times.
- Create a solid strategy for finding a variety of sources to funnel opportunities to directors.
- Keeping on top of sources (eg auction lists) & research suitable property sites in line with company development strategy.
- Propose suggestions for next site development & financial analysis to support the proposal.
- Develop construction programmes for our own Property Development sites; with costing's, programmes for completion and specifications of works.
- Organise documents for tender and advise on appointment of subcontractors, designers and procurement routes.
- Oversee the detailed design, procurement and construction stages of all of our development projects ensuring completion on budget and programme.
- Ensure that quality and design standards are maintained at the highest levels.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Chartered Architect or Building Professional with a wealth of site experience.
- Technical knowledge and competence.
- In-depth working knowledge of the JCT suite of contracts.
- A logical and practical mind, with excellent problem-solving ability.
- The ability to analyse problems in order to identify solutions.
- Methodical and excellent attention to detail.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Project management skills.
- A self-motivated attitude, a willingness to take ownership for tasks.
- The ability to build lasting relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to ensure that you are adding maximum value to businesses.
- Computer skills, use of computer-aided design (CAD) essential; Google Docs.
- A genuine passion for and understating of the property industry; local knowledge of SE London an advantage
- Good source of trade and professional contacts an advantage.
- Full UK driving licence is advantageous due to the potential location of some sites.
If you wish to apply for this role please include a cover letter, C.V and portfolio if applicable. Due to the high volume of applications, only those who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Apply for Lead Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly