Regional Sr. Architectural Designer - BVI
Position Job Description: As a Regional Sr. Architectural Designer, you will:
- Lead the management of all phases of the design process including develop, modify and review production drawings & construction documents.
- Liaise with clients to define project requirements, establish project work plan and deadlines.
- Ensure that the projects that are assigned to you meet the required budgets and schedule.
- Be expected to create persuasive presentations that meet projects’ objectives.
- Develop and mentor junior staff focusing on conceptual thinking and quality design implementation.
- Be responsible for the overall profitability and design quality of the projects.
- Attend weekly scheduling meetings with the office Managing Director, to report on the status of your projects.
- Actively support regional business development efforts with our Marketing team
- Build new relationships & nurture existing relationships.
- Develop and maintain a strong market understanding.
- Identify opportunities and Facilitate introductions of potential clients to members of the firm.
- Attend industry networking events & actively participate in relevant associations.
- Pursue and follow up on leads in the market as directed.
- Track leads and opportunities as well as relationship engagement.
- Write and manages proposals as needed.
Qualifications- Successful candidates will have:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in conceptual design and working experience with mid to large scale hospitality/resort projects. Experience with commercial, institutional, retail, modern tropical/Caribbean style design & luxury residential projects highly desirable.
- Professional Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited university required. Master’s Degree in Architecture preferred.
- Professional Architectural License, registration and membership to (RIBA, RAIC, SAIA, AIA, OAA or similar).
- A portfolio of recent projects both built and conceptual will be a large factor in attaining the position.
- Excellent design, technical, presentation, client management and communication skills as well as strong project management and problem solving abilities.
- Experience working on projects throughout the Caribbean and abroad.
- Solid working experience in REVIT, AutoCAD, Sketch Up or similar, Photoshop, InDesign & M.S. Office skills.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently as part of the architectural team.
This position requires travel of approximately 30%. Employment is contingent upon work permit approval. We offer a generous remuneration package and a friendly and productive working environment. Please submit your C.V. Portfolio and professional references by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.