Based in North Hertfordshire this Principal contractor is looking for a Architectural Assistant to join their expanding team. You will be working over many sectors including but not limited to, design and build, Office refurbishment, commercial and industrial construction, Rail station refurbishment along with others.
- Production of drawings using hand mark ups from preliminary status through to Tender, Construction and As Built/Installed.
- Site surveys and client meetings. Ascertaining briefs verbally and written also producing drawings and documents to suit.
- Co-ordination between Architectural, Structural and Building Services drawings.
- Working to project deadlines.
- Type of drawings include: Layout plans, Sections, Elevations, Details and Schematics.
- Liaison with the Refurbishment/Construction team in house and Liaison with Mechanical and Electrical Contractor Engineers.
- Builderswork and Joinery- production of detailed dimension drawings.
- Co-ordination - Ensuring all build and services are synchronised.
- Taking responsibility for electronic filing of drawings and documents received via email or disk.
- Issuing of drawings.
- Organise all internal and external printing runs.
- Contribution to CAD standards.
- Previous experience of producing AutoCAD for commercial refurbishment, office layout design, commercial and industrial construction and M&E services drawings for new build and refurbishment projects
- Ability to prioritise workload according to deadlines
- IT Literate - ability to use AutoCAD essential
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Good communication skills & ability to work in a team.
-Good design, technical and communication skills
-Ideally expertise in AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Suite
-Fluent in written and spoken English
-Access to car essential