Architectural Technician / Technical Architect
An expanding, design-led, high-end residential practice located alongside a beautiful canal in Hackney are now seeking an Architectural Technician or Technical Architect with skills in ArchiCAD to join their team.
Established in 2007, the practice offers full architectural services from inception to inspection. The company’s key sector is high-end residential where a highly skilled team of architects are passionate about designing detailing and delivering beautiful homes. Their technical and design specialist teams work together as a close-knit team in a collaborative manner and all projects are implemented in BIM, which enables them to deliver elegant and cost-effective design solutions to their clients, at the highest of quality.
Role & Responsibilities
As an Architectural Technician / Technical Architect you will be taking on a number of duties working within an ambitious team. Your primary responsibilities will include;
- Production of tender and construction packages – Drawings, schedules and specifications
- Liaise and coordinate work by all external consultants and internally within the rest of the team
- Manage tender processes
– Documentation, issuing, analysing, and reporting to clients
- Site inspections
– Liaison with contractors and subcontractors, site procedures and documentation
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years UK experience
- A minimum of 5 years professional working experience using ArchiCAD
- Excellent knowledge of UK building regulations with the ability to challenge building control / approved inspectors with creative solutions
- Solid experience of the production of tender and construction packages, with tasks including drawings, schedules and specifications.
- Confident working across RIBA stages 4-7 as a minimum, with experience of the production and coordination of all projects drawings and information
- Experience and understanding of BIM concepts, workflows and collaboration
- Proven ability to creatively solve complex construction details
- Proven track records in all contract administration duties and site inspections
- Strong knowledge of current UK building regulations
- Excellent organisational, time and people management skills
Salary & Package
£35,000 – £45,000 DOE + Pension Scheme. 20-days holiday entitlement + bank holidays.
The practice is formed of 10 energetic people, with future plans for growth in the next coming years. The open plan two-storey office, is based alongside a beautiful canal and only a 10-minute walk from the local train stations and amenities around Hackney.
Working within a sociable atmosphere, you will be able take part in staff outings and drinks down the pub. The practice continuously encourages professional staff development, offering fantastic exposure to different elements of the business, whilst working on a variety of RIBA stages on a selection of projects.