An AJ 100 practice, recognised as one of the top 50 UK employers to work for, is now looking to welcome a Revit Architect who has a passion for design and strengths in the early stages of project, to join their friendly Greenwich based office.
With approximately 100 staff, this design-led practice has a reputation for design excellence. Working with leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients, their diverse portfolio demonstrates their award-winning work for; mixed use and commercial buildings, regeneration and master planning, residential schemes, extra care and community projects. This is a highly creative studio with a team of Architectural professionals, Visualisers, Technicians, Projects Managers and Surveyors, enabling them to offer a holistic approach to all projects that they put their hand to. With a huge emphasis on staff welfare the practice prides itself on its commitment to its employees. Continue reading to find out their long list of benefits, CPD and the encouragement of a good work life balance.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working predominantly on contemporary residential and mixed-use projects throughout design stages 2-4 initially
- Working across a variety of projects across different RIBA stages at one time in Revit (Revit is now used across all teams and BIM has been implemented throughout both planning and delivery stages of projects)
- You will be using Revit across all projects in house and should be expected to confidently produce visuals of the highest standard. Confidence is key for this role, as you may be required to assist more junior members of the team.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 1 years' experience as a qualified Architect
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working on large-scale residential/mixed-use projects within the UK
- An excellent knowledge of UK planning and building regulations
- Have a flair for design with personal strengths within stages 1-4
- Professional & demonstrable experience working on all RIBA stages of a project
- Excellent graphic skills
- Demonstrable staying power with a commitment to the practice
- A high level of proficiency in Revit, worked within professional practice is essential for this role
- Fluent in SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
- Be proactive and be able to use your own initiative
- Able to meet strict deadlines
- A team player that enjoys socialising with others in the office
- The ability to work within a large team, where good communication skills and co-ordination are key
- Have excellent verbal and written English
Unfortunately, applicants who do not have professional working experience using Revit, will not be considered for this position.
Salary & Package
£34,000 - £38,000 Fully dependent on experience
In addition to a highly competitive salary, my client offers a variety of additional benefits, these include:
- A bonus scheme, with an aim to pay in excess of 20% of company profits to staff
- A cycle to work scheme
- Travel season tickets
- Professional annual subscription fees paid for (RIBA, ARB, CIAT, RTPI)
- Contributions to course fees and study leave
- Health cover
- Private medical insurance
The successful candidate will be joining an extremely friendly practice, with an active social calendar and a range of benefits. They operate an active CPD programme and are committed to helping staff reach their full potential, through the provision of training and support in obtaining further qualifications.
The practice has recently moved into a large modern office located just a 3-minute walk from Greenwich station, where you can travel either via the DRL or train. Alternatively, you may choose to travel via ferry from central London into Greenwich Pier and get the DRL from Cutty Sark station to Greenwich. On a nice day the walk from the pier to the office will take you just 12 minutes. Avoiding the Hussle and bustle of central London, the walk in Greenwich should be a much more peaceful one than perhaps you are used to.
Your surroundings include the beautiful Greenwich park, Greenwich market, the Greenwich pier and a variety of shops, restaurants, gyms, and nurseries for working parents. This is a historic and creative location to work and staff really do make the most of what's on offer. On Fridays groups usually like to visit Greenwich market for some lunch at the famous food stalls. After work drinks in one of the many local pubs is also a regular event and breakfast club is something the practice like to arrange each morning in the office.
Due to the nature of the practice and the efforts made to ensure that their staff are happy and well engaged with each other, naturally true friendships have been formed and people enjoy their job. Staff turnaround is low, and a good work-life balance is continuously encouraged. We're confident you'll love the family you'll join!