Architect / Technologist/ Technician
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Artichoke is a very busy micro practice, specialising mainly in the private residential sector. It is and friendly, diverse, enthusiastic and hardworking studio environment.
We are very excited about design, architecture and presentation and about how our skills coupled with trying to understand what our clients really need can create unique solutions with which they will be delighted.
We have the ambition to continue to grow and to generate more opportunities to win more contemporary and new build schemes, which is already starting to happen.
WHO WE NEED
You will be one of the main architect/technologist/technician in the studio assisting or running projects, managing yourself and potentially others.
If you’ve got 1 or more years of post-part 3 experience (or CIAT / Technician equivalent) and want to have responsibility for your own projects, this may be the opportunity for you. Artichoke is still young, so you, your ideas and enthusiasm will be able to help shape the company and ultimately help to run it.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Take & make phone calls communicating fluently and clearly;
- Rigorously check your own work:
- Take on the majority of aspects of the day-to-day work with the initiative to have a go at dealing with unfamiliar tasks.
- Use AutoCAD to prepare precise and well presented drawings;
- Carry out and accurately draw up measured surveys of properties;
- Interpret the clients’ brief and with flair, prepare initial broad-brush hand sketch schemes quickly to explore options and refine these to a standard that can be presented to the client;
- Work these schemes into planning drawings, writing Design Statements where necessary, and submit and monitor on-line applications;
- Prepare detailed annotated plans, sections & construction details for Building regulations approval & construction;
- Work to set timescales for different tasks and manage your time;
IT WOULD BE GOOD IF YOU WERE ABLE TO:
- Get to and from sites with your own car;
- Prepare tender & specification packages;
- Oversee contracts & site supervision;
We are a small practice and do not have a variety of positions available, so please do apply if you do not have the experience outline. As we have a high volume of enquiries, we will only respond to those, whose experience and ability is appropriate for this position.
If this position interests you, please contact us as soon as possible with a CV and samples of your work and we will contact you to discuss the opportunity.
Our website is in the process of being upgraded so if you would like to have a look at some of our informal photos, please visit our Facebook & Web pages: