This is a fantastic opportunity for a Design Coordinator to join one of the leading developers in London. You will join a fantastic established team of individuals in a new position for the business as it grows and will be involved in a variety of residential and mixed-use schemes across the capital. This will include low rise traditional housing with the main majority involving high rise RC frame projects.
The company has a low turnover of staff and is a reputable business which has been going for well over 40 years. They are known for looking after their staff with numerous social events, training and support and career progression is immensely encouraged. As Design Coordinator you will be based on site at a large regeneration project in East London which will see over 300 new homes created involving RC frame construction up to 20 storeys high.
As a Design Coordinator, you will be responsible and accountable for assisting the design team programmes and monitoring these to ensure the delivery is on time and to budget. The client is looking for someone who wants a career and longevity and is hard working and reliable to progress through the ranks internally. You will also be involved in the following;
- Checking all drawings and details for accuracy, correctness and commercial suitability.
- Liaising with external consultants, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Technical report writing and compiling minutes in meeting.
- Reporting to the Head of Design.
- Attending design meetings to solve current and potential issues which arise during construction.
- Assisting in managing utilities and monitoring information flow.
- Checking drawings again CP’s and contract documentation.
- The production of detailed drawings and updating working drawings throughout the construction process.
- Buildability and Co-ordination checks and drawing control.
- Applying for and securing statutory body approval for architectural design.
- Submitting information to the LABC and the NHBC and monitoring information required for signing off conditions/building regulations as they arise.
- Degree qualified in Architecture, Engineering or other relevant qualification.
- RC frame experience is important.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a technical or design role.
- Experience of technical aspects of house building and up to date UK building regulation knowledge.
- A good understanding of the planning legislation is beneficial.
- Must have experience of working for a developer, main contractor or architectural practice with strong residential experience.
- Experience on London based projects will be beneficial.
- Strong organisational and work management skills.
- Good time management skills and able to stick to tight deadlines.
- A good problem solver who can solve technical issues efficiently and effectively.