Head of Architecture
Do you like drawings but fancy taking a step up to leading and overseeing a team? If so, this Head of Architecture role could be what you’re looking for!
My client is an exciting, forward thinking and entrepreneurial company who are going through rapid growth due to continued success. The company is a multi-disciplinary developer who are now looking to strengthen their residential and house building arm of the business with a Head of Architecture who will be involved in a wide variety of residential projects across London and the surrounding home counties.
As Head of Architecture you will be office based and be responsible for the day to day running of a small team of forward thinking Architectural Technicians. You will deliver full working drawing packages and will work closely with the Land, Planning, Construction and Commercial teams to help deliver these projects. You will be involved in investigations, technical analysis and reporting of future sites and schemes in preparation for pre-construction meetings and be able to delegate these drawing packages to appropriate team members.
You will need to be a calm and collected individual who already possesses experience of overseeing other members of staff including Architects and Architectural Technicians/Technologists and MUST have a proven background of working on large scale residential projects in the UK.
This company truly knows how to treat their staff well and this is shown by the low turnover of staff they have. There is ongoing training and support as well as numerous social and charitable events which they host and the offices which you’d be working in truly need to be seen first-hand to believe how nice they are!
This role would suit an experienced Architect or Architectural Technician/Technologist who is looking for that step up or is simply looking for a change. We are considering individuals from architectural practice, consultancy or house builders/developers.
- Ideally degree qualified in Architecture (however other relevant degree or construction knowledge will be considered).
- MUST have extensive experience of working on large scale residential projects across London or surrounding home counties (as projects will include RC frame).
- Experience of managing and overseeing Architectural Technicians on working drawing packages.
- Calm and collected under pressure.
- Currently working in architectural practice, consultancy or a house builder/developer.
- A friendly and outgoing individual who can motivate a team to hit target on time and to budget.
Apply for Head of Architecture
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly