Part II Architectural Assistant
Looking to work on a variety of small and large scale high-end residences in prime London areas? This role could be your perfect fit! This is a fantastic opportunity to join a reputable high-end Residential name, with the chance to work on a number of high value bespoke Prime London projects.
With over 15 years’ experience on a wide range of projects across the UK and overseas, my client has built a reputation for producing exciting, contemporary architecture and interiors. Their portfolio includes grade listed buildings, mews houses and penthouses, as well as affordable housing. A range of mixed use projects and hotels also showcase their versatility.
With collaborations with some of the most reputable practices in the UK, including Stanton Williams, Gensler and DSDHA, my client delivers an outstanding service and produce work of a very high standard. With particular emphasis on bespoke, prime residential properties, an opportunity now exists for an experienced Architectural Assistant, who is fully proficient and experienced working with Revit, to join their London office on a permanent basis.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be working across all stages of a number of live projects that the practice is currently running. You will be brought in initially to work on a large high-end residential project in the Knightsbridge area which is currently on site, alongside some other smaller residential projects that are also London based. These projects are currently being run in Revit, therefore you must have full proficiency in this software, in order to be able to slot in and begin working on these upon joining the practice.
Your role moving forward within the practice will give you exposure of a wide range of new high-end residential and hospitality projects, based within the Greater London area, with values of £1 million – £50 million.
Required Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have worked in a medium sized practice, specialising in prime residential or other high specification bespoke projects (i.e. hotels) and will have produced detailed technical construction information on these projects. You will be using Revit across projects in house and should be expected to confidently produce visuals of the highest standard. Confidence is key for this role, as you may be required to liaise with contractors and clients on a regular basis.
This position will suit someone that is looking for a long-term career move. Showing loyalty and expressing your genuine enthusiasm for high quality design is extremely important for the practice. Your applications should therefore demonstrate your staying power. In addition to this you should be able to demonstrate that you tick the following skills:
- Be a genuinely talented designer
- An all-rounder, with strengths particularly within the technical stages of projects
- A confident communicator that is happy to be hands on
- Have an eye for good design and detailing, as well as fantastic Technical knowledge
- Revit proficiency is essential for this role
- A minimum of 2 years working experience, post Part II qualification
- Fluent in AutoCAD, Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite
- A minimum of 3 years professional UK working experience
- Extensive experience working on high-end residential and grade listed projects, within the UK and London specifically
- Be able to demonstrate projects worked on with Revit
- Be particularly confident in technical design and construction stages
- Confident client facing
- Professional, demonstrable experience running projects all the way through (from conception to completion)
- Demonstrable staying power with a commitment to the practice
- Have excellent verbal and written English
- Experience working on complicated existing buildings
- Have a keen interest in design
Unfortunately, applications made without demonstrable evidence of professional Revit working examples, will not be considered for this position.
Salary & Package
Circa £28,000 – £33,000 DOE
In addition to a competitive salary, the practice arranges regular social events throughout the year and is recognised for their conscious participation in regular charity challenges. A European trip is organised by the practice each year, rewarding all 36 staff for their hard-working efforts, whilst visiting architecture of inspiration along the way. This is a multi award winning practice, with a strong reputation for regular competition wins, with a particular emphasis on team work and creating a friendly working environment.