Associate / Associate Director
Are you a successful Associate Director within a London practice looking for a change, or are you an exceptional Senior Architect/Associate looking for your next big break? I’m looking to speak with highly driven and self-motivated individuals, who could be interested in joining my client as an Associate Director, where professional development opportunities are endless and your success will be rewarded in company shares.
Founded over 17 years ago my client is a national award-winning RIBA Chartered practice based in Battersea London. They now seek an extremely self-motivated individual and natural leader, who is looking to make a real impression on their next employer. This position is a unique opportunity for you to bring new ideas to the table and make your footprint within the ever-growing business.
With a high level of experience within the residential sector, they pride themselves on their creativity and passion to tailor and deliver bespoke architectural solutions for their clients. Their portfolio consists of a wide range of contemporary residential projects including; high-end, new build apartments, house design, basements, extensions & loft conversions, all of which are usually based within popular Central and South West London boroughs. To date projects have been completed in areas such as Wandsworth, Richmond, Merton, Kingston, Lambeth, Kensington and Chelsea, Hammersmith and Fulham, Croydon, Sutton, Ealing and Lewisham.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be required to work as part of an 8-person team, across a variety of London based, residential projects. As an Associate Director, you will work alongside the 2 Directors, where you will collectively help them manage the day to day running of the office. This position entails a large amount of responsibility and will best suit someone that is willing to step up to a challenge at this point in their career. You will be a key leader within the business and will therefore support, guide and mentor three Architects, two Part II’s and a Part I within the office.
In addition to this, this is a very client focused role; you will spend a lot of time liaising face to face with your clients, ensuring you gain a deep understanding of their requirements and following through with these requests. You’ll represent the brand, ensuring the quality of client service is kept to a high standard.
Business development is also an important part the role; a proven track record of winning jobs is highly admirable for this position, as is having a strong network within London and UK wide. With freedom to research into new job opportunities this is a fantastic chance to make a mark in the practice, proving yourself as a credible the team.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 4 years UK experience in practice
- 5 years PQE part III professional experience
- A strong understanding of the process of delivering high-quality projects is essential
- Sound knowledge of building regulations
- Confident working directly with clients and the ability to present to them
- Have an interest in personally researching job opportunities
- The ability to gauge a deep understanding of client’s individual needs
- Extensive experience and knowledge of high-end/bespoke/domestic residential projects
- A track record of successfully coordinating and delivering projects on site
- Ability to independently resolve issues on and off site
- Excellent communication and client liaison skills
- A good networking history within London is highly desirable
- Ability to lead an experienced small team of professionals
- Fully proficient in AutoCAD
- Enthusiasm and drive to promote the practice
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of the financial management of a practice is an advantage
- Fantastic knowledge of procurement and the contract administration of construction projects
- Client management and business development experience
- Demonstrable experience of successfully winning work is highly desirable
- Consider yourself an all-rounder that has strong design capability and fantastic technical knowledge
Salary & Package
£55,000 + statutory pension contribution
In addition to the above salary a valuable bonus in the form of company shares will be given annually.
Apply for Associate / Associate Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly