Architect (Residential Tower Projects)
A client that focuses on unlocking opportunties in sustainable locations that benefits the local community is looking for a design focused Architect to join the practice. The successful candidate will be part of an award-winning practice that is looking to expand this year which shows the making of their own success. The company has built up a highly successful reputation for their fresh and enthusiastic design approach, right across the London; recognised by the number of high quality design and community engagement projects they have succesfully completed.
This role is predominantly focused on current and upcoming residential and masterplanning projects. However, the practice is looking for a candidate with an eye for design to take the design and client facing lead for future projects.
Role & Responsibilities
- Control project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design
- Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist CAD applications
- Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects
- Working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists
- Applying for planning permission and advice from governmental new build and legal departments
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Travelling regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years PQE Post Part III
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- High levels of creativity, imagination and vision
- Willingness to work under time and budget pressure to meet deadlines efficiently
- Excellent design and drafting skills
- Proficiency with Microstation
- Understanding of financial aspects of running a design project on time and on budget
- Organisational, project management, leadership and planning skills, would be essential
- An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving ability
Salary & Package
Basic salary will depend on experience but is offered between £35,000 - £40,000, and in addition the company offers a pension plan (kicks in after 3-month probation period), regular CPD, cycle to work scheme, bonus and healthcare opportunities.
The Director is passionate about social events and having fun outside the office. He will actually go out his to ensure you as an employee are comfortable with the work and he is a mssive believer of family comes first.