This role offers the chance to work on bespoke residential projects from concept to completion. Based in their a brand-new office in the Oxfordshire countryside this role benefits from a great work life balance, working environment and an opportunity to help produce the clients design vision. Due to tremendous success and a healthy pipeline of projects they are looking for an Architectural designer to join the design team.
The company offers a full bespoke design service from working with a client on the initial concept to the day of handover of the completed property. The design team is made of six people and is based in the company’s new office located in a converted barn in the Oxfordshire countryside.
Role & Responsibilities
- Produce detailed working drawing packages using AutoCAD
- Technical problem solving – resolution of engineering, material, detailing and building performance queries by suitable investigation, discussion and clear communication of outcome.
- Work directly with clients and external contractors.
- Producing initial concept designs
- Planning & programme – ability to manage multiple projects and reliably hit deadlines and project milestones.
- Provide support to the wider business when requested.
- Taking responsibilities for maintaining of budgets and deadlines.
- Take a lead role in Quality control at all stages of the projects
- CDM – ensure consideration of safety and build-ability is integral to the design process, that risks are designed out wherever possible and that residual hazards are effectively communicated to key stakeholders and site-based teams.
- Working closely with the client and contracts at all stages offering solutions of any design issues.
- Operate with the highest regard to Health & Safety ensuring compliance with the Health & Safety policy.
- Other duties which may from time to time be required as requested by the Company Directors.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working on UK based residential projects is essential
- Skilled with using AutoCAD
- Experience with the running of projects
- Able to work across all project stages from concept to completion
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Due to location you will require your own transport.
Salary & Package
The role would offer a salary of between £35,000 – £45,000 depending experience
25 days holiday a year plus Bank holidays
Working hours 8.30 till 5.00 with a one-hour lunch break
Ongoing training and development
The newly converted barn office has recently been renovated and benefits from great views of the countryside and has free onsite parking.
The company is keen to develop the social side of the office so on top of the Christmas party they are looking to develop a summer event for staff members.