ArchiCAD expert CAD/BIM Manager required at an AJ100 practice.
CAD/BIM Manager (ArchiCAD)
John Robertson Architects (JRA) requires a CAD/BIM Manager to maintain, promote and develop our standards and processes. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a diverse, ‘hands-on’ role in an established practice.
JRA is an AJ100 practice based in Bankside, London with a wide diversity of project work including refurbishment of historic buildings, redevelopment, new build and interior architecture and ranging from small scale interior design projects to £250m new-build residential developments. We are currently balancing work at BIM Level 2 (or equivalent) on a number of significant projects whilst maintaining a Level 1 approach on others.
Candidates should be experienced modellers and ArchiCAD users, enthusiastic and good communicators with high level written and spoken presentation skills. You should have a working knowledge of the BIM Level 2 standards and be familiar with Solibri software.
The duties of the CAD/BIM Manager will include:
- Formulating and implementing JRA’s CAD/BIM strategy through ArchiCAD.
- Maintaining up to date, industry standard CAD/BIM procedures and systems to ensure interoperability with other systems/organisations.
- Working with the IT Manager to manage CAD/BIM software and hardware deployment and updates.
- Consulting with the JRA CAD/BIM group on changes and updates.
- Creating templates and office standards for our authoring and QA platforms and communicating changes to staff.
- Creating a curriculum of staff training presented through lunchtime CPD sessions.
- Designing and providing CAD inductions and training for new staff.
- Assisting staff to set up new projects/models in line with the internal CAD/BIM standards.
- Auditing projects to ensure they are working in line with CAD/BIM standards.
- Attending events and seminars and researching latest trends in digital construction.
- Providing ongoing ad hoc CAD assistance to project teams.
- Reporting to the JRA Board on developments and change.
- Assisting in the promotion and marketing of the practice and bid documentation.
The BIM Manager reports to the Practice Manager and the Directors.
Start date: June / Deadline for applications: Open until filled.
The salary offered will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
All applicants must be eligible to work freely in the UK. John Robertson Architects is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter setting out how your experience matches JRA’s requirements and your salary expectations to BIM_Manager@jra.co.uk.
No agencies please.