Due to significant future growth and the anticipation of further major acquisitions,Weston Homes Plc are now looking to recruit a Design Manager to the Planning and Design team, reporting to the Senior Design Manager.
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Engage with the design process from acquisition, concept development and design development, through to planning submission
- Proactively manage and prepare planning applications, including clear and succinct liaison with other team members and consultants
- Take an active role in leading / managing the planning application process, keeping colleagues and senior members of staff fully informed of progress
- Where required, lead, external meetings with councils and consultants
- Attend and where necessary lead internal meetings
- Efficient & timely management of planning conditions and S106 submissions
- Review of externally-designed schemes against Weston standards
- Manage the preparation of Sign-Off drawings
- Accurately provide ideas and suggestions for improvement on working drawings and attend subsequent internal meetings
- Actively seek new design solutions and constantly improve the presentation of planning submissions
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Architectural Degree (RIBA Part 1) and Diploma / Masters (RIBA Part 2)
- Excellent practical experience in high rise, residential led, mixed use developments
- Ability to proficiently use AutoCAD / In-Design / Photoshop / Sketch Up
- A thorough understanding of the Building Regulations applicable to design
- Good Planning Policy knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of planning application process
- Excellent knowledge of relevant design standards
If you are looking to further your career and gain exposure to a variety of schemes please apply below.
Accompanying this great opportunity is a competitive salary, company car or car allowance, pension, private healthcare and access to a free in-house gym.