Experienced Part II Architectural Assistant / Part III Architect
- Full Time
A position for a part II architectural assistant or part III architect offering huge potential working for the property development arm of a group of property services companies in Central London, offering a highly generous salary along with other company perks.
The firm as a whole purchase land for mixed-use and residential developments alongside converting disused offices into residential units, and then manage the buildings on a long term basis once completed. They have various in-house teams which include Architects, Design Managers, Project Managers and Land Buyers; and they specialise in complex conversions, often involving listed buildings and churches.
Their various services include property and land development, investments, finance, estates and property management, and investments holdings.
Their designs are both traditional and contemporary in style, predominantly mid-market and massively vary in size with current projects ranging from high-spec single-occupancy dwellings of around 80m2, to mixed use developments comprising 35000 ft sq commercial space and 225 residential units.
Role & Responsibilities:
This role offers the right candidate a very hands-on opportunity to work within a highly successful firm. You will be working on projects ranging from £2-£60million in value, and often on a variety of projects at any one time. You will be working alongside the architectural team, assisting the Design Manager whilst also being able to work autonomously.
You will be required to:
- Assist the Design Manager in preparing drawings and concept schemes to assess suitable land purchases with the land acquisition team
- Assist the Design Manager in appointing and leading a design team of external consultants through several stages of the project such as: concept, planning, tender, and construction
- Prepare planning applications whilst leading and liaising with the rest of the design team to ensure a successful building permission and the best value from the development site. This will also include negotiating with the local authority and the local government on financial contributions.
- Prepare detailed tender and construction packages for projects that are taken in house
- Liaise with the Design Manager and prepare detailed drawings to assist the external design team and construction team in terms of client requirements, value engineering and preferred methods of construction
- Attend regular site meetings with contractors and other specialists to ensure that the works are being coordinated, to check progress on site, and to deal with issues that may arise during the build period
- Work on between three-six projects at a time. These range from large higher specification single houses, to a number of larger mid specification housing projects of between 60-200 apartments. The projects have budgets between £2-60million.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experienced Part II Architectural Assistant or Part III qualified (or equivalent)
- Well rounded skills with experience in coordinating and producing information for all RIBA stages
- AutoCAD and Revit experience is essential
- Knowledge of relevant Local Authorities policies, listed buildings guidance, building control requirements, British standards and BREAM requirements.
- Ability to read technical drawings and specifications, construction methods and knowledge of the relevant regulations (eg. CDM regulations, Health & Safety, Building regulations, BREAM requirements)
- Experience in coordinating project teams and awareness of their roles and areas of expertise
- Excellent multi-tasker and communicator across all forms, with organizational skills and the ability to solve problems in a practical manner
- Experience in mid specification housing projects of between 20-200 apartments
Salary & Package:
The successful candidate will receive a salary of between £30,000 – £45,000 depending on experience. In addition to this, staff receive an annual discretionary bonus, pension plan, healthcare scheme and access to the company car pool for meetings and site visits.
Working from contemporary offices, situated overlooking Regents Canal and within easy reach of a number of tube stations, you would be joining a diverse and sociable team who often plan team dinners and after work drinks. You will also take part in an annual summer and Christmas party.
Apply for Experienced Part II Architectural Assistant / Part III Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly