Architect (Bespoke Commercial & Work Place Projects)
Hunter Dunning is working with a progressive studio of architects and designers embedded within a very successful larger group; aligning all the benefits of a traditional architectural practice with the pace, flexibility and market knowledge of a creative commercial design and build studio.
The practice prides itself on creating engaging commercial architecture that is site specific, design rich and tenant oriented. They are constantly interacting with large property developers, agency teams and key stakeholders to understand tenant activity and how current Cat-B requirements can influence architectural design to create a market leading product.
Their strong and active company culture makes the office an enjoyable place to be, both internally and externally, with their bespoke studio a hot-bed for client events, socials and full company parties.
Working within the architecture team alongside the wider group your role will be to lead on a range of projects at various stages of development, design and delivery. You will need to have experience delivering projects through all RIBA stages and how a project develops from an early stage concept through to detail design. Self-motivation and drive is key, and individuals are given the opportunity to lead on projects earlier than many other companies in the industry – this means effective resource responsibility, time management and direct management reporting are essential characteristics of anyone looking to join this fast-growing team.
• Lead on concept development, new work pitches and design reports – working closely with other members of the team and reporting back to management.
• Communicate with clients, consultants and contractors throughout a project to build a careful understanding that can be communicated and managed effectively.
• Work with management and the wider team across a range of projects.
• Leading a project through all RIBA stages and taking the lead through concept and developed design.
Key Skills / About You
• Excellent communication skills – both verbally and visually.
• An impressive portfolio of academic and professional work.
• Working experience of commercial architecture essential.
• Competent knowledge of various CAD software and Adobe Creative Suite essential.
• The capacity to develop a range of design, pitch and report documents.
• The ability/desire to manage time and resource independently.
• An understanding/experience of a range of projects at different development stages.
• Working knowledge and interest in contemporary architectural precedents/examples.
• Competent level of design ability – both concept generation and detail development.
• Competent level of project running and consultant team engagement.