RIBA Part II Architects Assistant/Architectural technologist
The Bazeley Partnership is an award winning Chartered Practice with a diverse team of skilled designers based in the Cornish surfing town of Bude. The practice has a strong reputation for delivering innovative contemporary solutions to the unique challenges of dramatic and sensitive coastal contexts.
We work across a range of sectors including high quality bespoke homes, high quality residential developments, hotels and leisure, and conservation. Current projects are located in Cornwall, the south west, Bristol and further afield.
We have recently been commissioned for a number of unique new projects and are looking to expand our team with a Part II architects assistant or Architectural Technologist. We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work with design freedom and to develop the professional skills necessary to achieving Part III, through working with a talented team of colleagues with broad skillsets, in a location that provides a very high ‘quality of life’, with access to many opportunities for outdoor sports and recreation within the town. Due to the large area over which projects are based, we recommend candidates have a car, or intend to acquire one.
Roles and responsibilities
The successful candidate will be working across all RIBA workstages and be encouraged to develop their client communication skills. They will be assisting senior architects on larger projects and also be responsible for the day to management of their own projects under the guidance and oversight of a senior architect. Roles and responsibilities will cover all key areas necessary for professional development, in particular but not exclusively:
· Assisting in the preparation of fee quotations and appointment documentation for clients and consultants
· Research of site details including measured and photographic site and building surveys
· Preparation of presentation material for client submissions including free-hand sketches, printing, collating and binding submissions
· Preparation of designs for planning applications and appeal documentation
· Preparation supporting documentation for planning applications and appeals
· Coordination of consultant reports
· Monitoring of the process and progress of planning applications and correspondence with LPA
· Preparation of technical details for architectural projects including new buildings and historic environment (training will be provided)
· Specification writing using NBS Software
· Providing details of work undertaken for fee invoices
· Keeping clients informed of progress
· Preparation of technical information for building regulations approvals and tender documentation
· Assisting in the supervision of building contracts.
· Maintenance and development of office drawing protocols and standard drawing/document formats
Qualifications, Skills and experience
Part II applicants should have completed a RIBA recognised Part II post graduate course.
Technologist applicants should have completed a CIAT recognised degree course and have a minimum of two years experience.
Applicants should have design flair, good verbal and visual presentation skills, hand drawing and sketching skills, and knowledge of AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite.
Knowledge of REVIT and visualisation software is also beneficial.
Salaries and benefits
The position is offered on a permanent basis and holiday allowance increases with length of employment. The salary will be negotiable and around £25k to £30k depending on experience.
Please apply by replying to this advert or by submitting your application direct to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your CV and selected samples of your recent work.