Part II Architectural Assistant
Are you a Part II Architectural Assistant with a passion for high quality projects and luxury materials? If so, please read on…
Winners of the ‘International Design Award' and ‘What House award' my client have a reputation for their work on high profile, high value projects in London and internationally. Working from conception to completion, all projects are designed to the very highest of standards, offering their clients a creative, professional and collaborative approach. With the Partners 40 + years of experience in the high end architectural industry, they have established themselves as one of the UK's foremost luxury design and delivery practices. Specialists within the High-end residential, high-end retail, hospitality and commercial sectors, my client now seeks a Part II Architectural Assistant to join the team of 12 on a permanent basis.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be brought in to work on a variety of high value residences in popular prime areas of London. Live projects currently underway include and £14 million, 14 bedroom home in Westminster and £8 million penthouse in Westminster. One project in particular they you may come in on is being managed from stage 4 through to competition, so you will be expected to work on technical stages for this, assisting in the completion of construction drawing packages. However, an additional project is in planning stages and throughout your career within the practice you will get the opportunity to work across all RIBA stages.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years' experience PQE Part II
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in professional practice within the UK
- Have a flair for design and fantastic eye for detail
- Experience within the High-End / Super-Prime Residential sector (A portfolio of projects across prime boroughs of London is preferable)
- Ability to work with little supervision
- A good knowledge of traditional detailing, drawing, specifications and materials including bespoke joinery
- The ability to carry out all aspects of detailing and construction information for high-end residential projects
- Experience working with ArchiCAD is preferred but training can be provided
- Knowledge of BIM level 1 and 2 in ArchiCAD would also be hugely beneficial but is not expected
- Confident independently preparing drawings and working under your own initiative
- Good knowledge of UK building regulations
- Comfortable researching product materials
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- An interest in interior design
- Must be a team player, happy to help others when required
Salary & Package
£28,000 - £34,000 Fully dependent on experience + Statutory pension
Just a 7-minute walk from London Bridge underground and over ground train station, the office is a perfect location for commuters coming in at Waterloo. The hugely popular area of Southwark is the place to be for all things design these days. Vibrant with Architectural practices, interior designers, galleries, furniture makers and branding companies, there is a truly creative feeling to the area. Also dense with boutique and one-off bars and restaurants, your social time can be spent enjoying your unique surroundings.
The team is comprised of 12 design professionals who are friendly, welcoming and social. With a relaxed office atmosphere, you'll be joining a practice that like to arrange regular drinks and meals together. Whilst in the office they ensure they support one another in everything they do to achieve good results as a company. The word team work is the key here, so you must be a team player and understand how important it is to succeed together.