An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Architectural Technologist/Technician to join our team at Barc Architects based in Exeter, Devon. We are an innovative, creative and quickly growing practice with exciting projects across the south west. Our studio is a relaxed and friendly place to work and the successful candidate will enjoy being involved with a wide variety of complex and varied design challenges.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team and support the delivery of projects from concept through to completion, with particular emphasis on the technical design stage. We are looking for someone with strong technical design skills and construction knowledge, typical day-to-day activities will include:
- Preparation of Building Regulations applications;
- Technical review of concept designs;
- Construction detailing;
- Technical design, drawings and review;
- Preparing & negotiating tenders;
- Preparation of project specifications;
- Contract administration and site meetings.
Our projects vary from residential extensions and conversions, to contemporary new build dwellings and commercial developments. This position will provide the successful candidate with a wide variety of experience and the opportunity to be involved with a project from beginning to end.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be positive, innovative and self-motivated;
- Have a minimum of 5-years of relevant experience in the UK;
- Have good CAD skills, with experience of using Vectorworks and Revit (BIM & 3D Vectorworks being an advantage);
- Be able to manage their own time efficiently and effectively;
- Have good communication skills;
- Have a fresh and innovative approach to design.
To register your interest, please email your CV and cover letter together with a portfolio of recent examples of your work to email@example.com.
Apply for Architectural Technologist/Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly