Experienced Architect - Gibraltar Temporary Contract
We are a Gibraltar-based practice looking for an enthusiastic Architect experienced in leading projects in RIBA stages 3 to 6. The contract will be temporary for six to twelve months although there may be opportunities to extend.
The ideal candidate will be a good problem solver and confident in a client-facing role, and will also be happy to work at different stages of design. Experience in large-scale high end residential schemes is preferrable.
A minimum of 5-8 years post Part 3 experience in the UK is essential.
· Leading and overseeing projects; supervising and tutoring junior staff and managing outsourced resources.
· Producing / co-ordinating detailed drawings.
· Project management skills (helping to coordinate information and supporting team members)
· Excellent knowledge of UK building regulations and detailling.
· Experience in Autocad. Experience in Revit is ideal.
· Driven and enthusiastic;
· Able to work independently
- Demonstrate a pride in work, through high quality and accurate timely delivery;
- Be able to interface with, and develop clients comfortably and with ease;
- Confident in a contractor facing role
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload (of self and others) to ensure timescales are met;
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also seek assistance when required;
- Willingness to develop personal skills and basic knowledge in other engineering disciplines;
- Good problem solving and planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions;
- The current portfolio of Gibraltar projects and opportunities incorporates an extremely diverse and complex range of Work in both Gibraltar and internationally. The ideal candidate must embrace this level of diversity and challenge;
- Guide and mentor the development and learning of others.
We are a fast-growing and dynamic practice set up within a multidisciplinary studio in an exciting and friendly working environment.