Architect / Recently Qualified Architect (Residential)
If you are an Architect and want to learn the ropes of, or continue extending your knowledge in small scale, high-end residential projects then this opportunity could be for you.
My client is as a small award winning architectural practice, that pride themselves in creativity and passion to tailor and deliver truly bespoke architectural solutions. Founded over 17 years ago my client is a RIBA Chartered practice and is based in Battersea, London. Due to strong sustainable growth, they now seek an extremely self-motivated Architect or recently qualified Architect to join the team. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to make a real impression on their next employer and commit to developing themselves professionally in the long term within the practice.
With a high level of experience within the residential sector, they pride themselves on their creativity and passion to tailor and deliver bespoke architectural solutions for their clients. Their portfolio consists of a wide range of contemporary residential projects including; high-end, new build apartments, house design, basements, extensions & loft conversions, all of which are usually based within popular Central and South West London boroughs. To date projects have been completed in areas such as Wandsworth, Richmond, Merton, Kingston, Lambeth, Kensington and Chelsea, Hammersmith and Fulham, Croydon, Sutton, Ealing and Lewisham.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be required to work as part of an 8-person team, across a variety of London based, bespoke residential projects. In your new position you will be leading teams and projects from conception to completion. You will be required to attend site visits and liaise with both clients and contractors and will be involved in the training and mentoring of more junior staff, where you will help mould the direction of the company.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years UK experience in professional practice
- A minimum of 2 years PQE part III professional experience
- Ideally ARB registered
- A good understanding of the process of delivering high-quality projects
- Confident working directly with private clients
- Good knowledge of building regulations
- Comfortable running your own projects from inception to completion through all RIBA work stages
- The ability to work on high resolution detailing and contract administration
- Demonstrable experience working on high-end, bespoke, or domestic residential projects is essential
- Fully proficient in AutoCAD
- Possess the ability to engage with a diverse range of people involved in the design process, client satisfaction being paramount
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be proactive and take initiative
Candidates looking to apply for this position must have achieved a 2.1 or first in their Architectural qualifications
Salary & Package
£30,000 – £35,000 + statutory pension contribution. 20-days holiday, plus bank holidays and in addition time off between Christmas and New Year is given.