Senior Project Architect
I'm looking for a Senior Project Architect with a long-standing history of construction and on-site experience, within the London high-end residential sector, do you fit the profile?
My client is a boutique architecture and interior design practice, who deliver projects for a number of high profile clientele based predominantly within the London area. Specialists in the high-end residential and commercial sectors, projects vary from modern and contemporary builds to more traditional Georgian house refurbishments. You'll be joining an energetic and creative design studio, with a self-motivated team that have a true passion for the work they are involved in.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Senior Project Architect, you will be responsible for a variety of projects and will run them from inception through to technical Design. You will be expected to confidently manage clients, ensuring expectations are met and decisions are made on time, as well as managing on site design and ensuring things run smoothly throughout the whole process.
My client has close knit relationships with their site staff and a very hands on approach when it comes to their involvement, therefore your time may be allocated to 40% on site and 60% in the studio. This is flexible and will vary dependent on the projects being worked at the time.
You will manage all day-to-day project matters, including all administrative duties and the supervision of an internal architectural team, as well as coordinating with the in-house interior design team. As a Senior Project Architect, you will the main person of contact for more junior team members to turn to for information on all projects.
You will also be responsible for sub-consultant management, ensuring cohesive coordination throughout the project management of individual project design programmes, ensuring projects run smoothly and are on time and identifying any areas of risk.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of five years' experience post Part-II
- A minimum of 3 years' UK experience working in professional practice
- Proven experience within high-end residential and boutique commercial projects in London
- Demonstrable staying power with a commitment to the practice
- Experience with planning and building control regulations and applications
- Enthusiastic, motivated, communicative, with a hands-on approach
- Strong job running ability
- Client management experience on high-end projects
- Be a self-motivated, confident, highly organised and able to run your own projects autonomously
- Able to work autonomously and within a team
- A high level of understanding technical detailing, architectural and structural construction drawings
- Experience with structural engineers, surveyors and other sub consultants
- Proven experience with understanding of construction, and site management
- Have fluent use of AutoCAD
- 3D modelling skills are beneficial
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Please note that you must have a long-standing experience of construction, and on-site experience within the UK to be considered for this position. The successful candidate will need to display a high level of experience managing high-end residential projects, from inception to completion, with proven experience overseeing design and consultant teams, suppliers, manufacturers, contractors and sub-contractors.
Salary & Package
£45,000 - £50,000 + work place pension
Located south of the Thames, in the up and coming area of Battersea, the offices are accessible for all commuters on the London over ground, where you can walk just a few minutes to them from Queenstown Road Station or Battersea Park Station. With great access to local amenities, including bars, pubs, restaurants, shops and the lovely Battersea park, you'll be able to make the most of your surroundings during lunch and in the evenings after work.
You'll be joining a tight knit design team of like-minded individuals. With 15 staff, the practice is formed of both Interior and Architectural talent. Not only do they share a passion for high quality design, they enjoy making the most of social opportunities together outside of work. Regular outings are paid for by the Director, usually in the form of dinners and drinks every couple of months to celebrate success. This is when the team get the opportunity to bond and enjoy each other's company in a relaxed and open atmosphere.