Architect (Residential & Commercial Project Experience)
A position for an Architect within an AJ Top 50 practice has become available due to increase in projects.
Over the last two decades, the company has built up a highly successful reputation for their fresh and enthusiastic design approach, right across the country; recognised by the number of industry awards they have won and their AJ100 status. They have grown to around 100 staff, with offices in Birmingham and London, and UK wide project coverage. They have a portfolio of repeat clients, both private and public, including blue-chip and boutique developer clients, local councils, and cultural and health providers.
Their specialism is predominantly mid to high-end residential schemes; ranging from bespoke single occupancy dwellings up to multi-million-pound, multi-storey developments. Other projects include workplace, public and education, retail and leisure, health and master planning.
Role & Responsibilities
- Control project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design
- Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist CAD applications
- Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects
- Working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists
- Applying for planning permission and advice from governmental new build and legal departments
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Travelling regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings
Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- High levels of creativity, imagination and vision
- Willingness to work under time and budget pressure to meet deadlines efficiently
- Excellent design and drafting skills
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit
- Understanding of financial aspects of running a design project on time and on budget
- Organisational, project management, leadership and planning skills, would be essential
- An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving ability
Salary & Package
Basic salary will depend on experience but is offered between £35,000 - £40,000, and in addition the company offers a pension plan (kicks in after 3-month probation period), regular CPD, cycle to work scheme, bonus and healthcare opportunities.
Joining a socially tight-knit team of 35 in the London Studio, you will be given the opportunity to collaborate with a group of highly talented individuals and join a company which understands the importance of training and investing in their staff, as well as supporting their education and professional development. The team go for regular drinks on a Friday in addition to the usual Christmas bash; and the firm operate summer and winter away days, which has most recently seen them in Amsterdam!