Estates AutoCAD Technician
1 day left
- Full Time
Estates AutoCAD Technician
Salary: up to £30,000 per annum, dependent upon experience.
Hours: 35 hours per week / 52 weeks a year
Uppingham School is offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced Estates AutoCAD Technician to join its Estates team in order to maintain accurate property records and to support the delivery of substantial infrastructure priorities over the coming years.
Specifically your remit will include:
- Developing, managing and maintaining accurate CAD property records, drawings, plans, digital records, and associated Estates databases
- Maintaining and providing up-to-date CAD based information in relation to building services
- Undertaking measured surveys to record building alterations and updating master drawings
- Producing and maintaining accurate drawings and digital records required to support building refurbishments and maintenance projects
- Helping to prepare project and space plan drawings
- Assisting with the preparation of Land Registry applications
Uppingham School, founded in 1584, is a leading co-educational independent boarding school. Its 800 pupils, aged 13-18, are accommodated in 15 boarding houses, taught by over 20 academic departments, and participate in numerous extra-curricular activities such as sports, music, and drama. The built estate has 80 buildings, including teaching blocks, assembly buildings, boarding houses, staff housing, administrative and technical accommodation, and sports facilities. The School covers approximately 120 non-contiguous acres, almost one mile apart at its extremities and interspersed by town housing and retail properties.
The successful candidate will possess detailed knowledge and experience of AutoCAD systems. They will ideally be HNC/HND/Degree or professional CAD qualified. The ability to remain calm in a busy and demanding environment, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently are essential.
In return we offer a variety of benefits, including an attractive pension scheme, free lunches and free annual membership of dual-use Sports Centre (£15 joining fee).
For more information about the role and the school please click the apply button.
Closing date for applications is 09:00 on Monday 26th February 2018.
First interviews are scheduled for Monday 12th March 2018.
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.