About The Collective:
We are The Collective, a community of creative thinkers with big ambitions and curious minds.
We’re a new kind of organization, with a young team, a start-up mentality and a deeply creative approach to the work we undertake. We believe in the power of places, where meaningful connections, the fostering of communities and lasting experiences occur.
We’re passionate about design with properties and spaces across London, and soon to be international. Launching the world’s largest and the UK’s only co-living building in May 2016, The Collective Old Oak, we aim to disrupt the property market in a big way. We aim to have a network across the globe, wherever we can add value to the lives of our members.
The Collective are a unique property developer, this is a client-side role in the in-house design team. We have a portfolio and development pipeline of 2,000 beds and additional projects with a gross development value of over £500,000,000. We’re at a stage in our growth where we want to focus on real innovation in the industry and lead by example by continuing to bring the industry’s best talent in-house. We also have properties under development throughout Europe, notably Germany, and the USA.
Being part of The Collective community means we care about your personal development and growth too, with a heavy focus on training and growing responsibilities within the business. We are looking for people who are courageous enough to challenge the status quo and break boundaries with us.
Role and Responsibility:
This is an opportunity for an Interior Designer to join our expanding in-house design team and have the opportunity to be instrumental in delivering the Collective’s vision. The Interior Designer will assist in the design of exceptional vibrant, community focused spaces, worldwide and report directly to the Senior Interior Designer.
• Collaborate with the Design Team to design and define the product of co-living while maintaining the brand’s aesthetic that, in turn, reflects our market and is sensitive to the project parameters.
• Assist with the Design Team in delivering design packages throughout each stage of the project, from concept to completion. These can include, but not limited to, layout plans and specification documentation.
• Prepare concept material in formats as mood boards, visualizations and sketches.
• Work with external consultants to coordinate information and proposals that need integrating into the project
• Working with internal teams to sign-off on exceptional, yet practical, and cost-effective solutions.
• Ensuring that through design development, projects follow brand standards and best practices, while working with the wider Development Team to do so.
• Working closely with the Senior Interior Architect on design concepts/mood and how to successfully implement from concept phase through the projects execution.
• Working on initial programming of the buildings and carrying this through to construction stages.
• Streamline procurement process’, write specifications and source FF&E that meet brand standards for existing properties and new projects.
• Styling and dressing spaces of completed projects for photoshoots.
• A successful candidate should demonstrate drive, focus, reliability, great organization, creativity, the ability to challenge conventions, confidence, a passion of the development industry and a collaborative approach to their work.
• Excellent design skills and creative flair.
• The ability to keep up with an entrepreneurial led, fast moving and constantly changing environment. Their high level of initiative should lead to a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Can meet strict deadlines and work to budgets while maintaining quality and consistency.
• Resourceful problem solver and quick learner.
• Impeccable communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
Skills and Experience
• A relevant degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
• At least 2 year of relevant experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and Vectorworks.
• Recent experience in the residential, hotel or student accommodation sectors.
• A knowledge of space planning, the planning system, building regulations, all RIBA Work Stages and on-site experience is preferable.
• A strong eye for detail relevant to each stage of a project cycle.
• Aptitude technical knowledge and the ability to translate this into high end, commercial fit out and joinery details.
• Extensive understanding and current knowledge of materials, finishes, furniture and lighting design in both an architectural and interior context. Experience in product design will be beneficial.
• Must be fluent in English.
• German speaking or German experience within the industry will be beneficial.
Basic Salary, Dependant on experience
• 25 Days Holiday
• Private Healthcare
• Pension Scheme
• Employee Share Scheme
• Travel Opportunities
• Personal Development and Education Opportunities
Apply for Interior Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly