Part II Architectural Assistant (With Education/Residential/Commercial Experience)
Are you an Architectural Assistant with strengths in educational, residential, or commercial UK based projects? If so, this is your opportunity to join a multi-award-winning practice and showcase your ability in working on large scale projects.
Established 28 years ago, the company is an Architectural and town planning practice run by ten Directors and five Associates, holding 65 members of staff collectively. With offices based in London, Sussex and Bristol, teams consist of a number of Architectural, Technological and Administrative staff, specialising in a variety of sectors such as; Housing, Education, Commercial, Community, and are experts at Master planning for both urban and rural sites.
Over the years, they have been shortlisted for over 20 design awards including; 4 RIBA Awards, 4 Civic Trust Awards, 4 Residential Design Awards, and 7 Education Design Awards. With a recent move of premises, their new office is located in a beautifully converted railway arch of a bridge.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will assist with a number of major Educational, commercial and residential projects, typically valued between £2m – £10m.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years UK professional working experience
- A minimum of 1 year’s post Part II qualification experience
- Experience working on a range of largescale projects, ideally with a value from £2m-£10m
- A good eye for design
- Experience working on UK based educational, residential or commercial projects
- An understanding of modern methods of construction
- A good understanding of design issues on large scale projects
- Have a flexible and committed attitude to work
- Excellent AutoCAD and IT (Microsoft Office) skills
- Current working knowledge of Revit would also be highly beneficial
- A good understanding of current UK Building Regulations
- Ability to work within a small team, where good communication skills and co-ordination are key
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
Salary & Package
Salary for this role is competitive and dependent on each applicant’s experience
Working within an ever-growing practice, you will be joining a busy, yet fun environment within a talented and knowledgeable team of people. The practice encourages a good work / life balance with staff. Personal and professional progression and growth is important, and there is a strong commitment to the development of their staff.
Based in the heart of South London, the office is a short 10-minute walk from Liverpool street, Southwark street, and the beautiful Tate modern. Located under the arches of a railway bridge, the office has been fully furnished to a high level and currently accommodates 12 staff members. Other benefits include European study trips and regular CPD seminars.