Ambitious Dynamic Architect/Architectural Technicians Required For Bexley, Bromley And Dartford Areas.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to our current marketing focus and client base you must be based in South East London/Kent. Anyone Based in Bromley, Bexley, Dartford, Greenwich, Lewisham or Southwark areas will be considered favourably.
Please confirm your address when submitting your CV.
We are an RIBA chartered practice and the fastest growing home extension, conversion and home improvement design practice based in Erith, Kent. We will soon be one of the largest specialist home designers in the South East. Currently we are undertaking around 3-4 new projects per week ranging from £35k single storey extensions and loft conversions to £500k double storey luxury extensions. This is set to increase further with a likely office move later this year to central London which will allow us to add more west London properties to our portfolio.
We have an aggressive strategy for further growth across London and the South East and need to build our teams to facilitate this growth.
We are looking for a particularly special kind of person to come on board with us at this early exponential growth stage. That person needs to have the aspiration and desire to go the extra mile where we can develop a role around their skill sets.
This is a freelance role initially where you will be based full time in our Head Office in Erith and can benefit from face to face dialogue and support from the rest of the desgin team and our resident full time Structural Engineer.
This is a client facing role. Customer focus and great service are key attributes that are absolutely fundamental to the role. You will have considerable customer contact therefore you must possess the confidence and ability to create and maintain a great working relationship with each of your clients. Much of our current success is down to the likability and trust factor. You must possess these abilities.
If you are an aspiring, ambitious Architect or Architectural Technician looking for a break-through opportunity that will be interesting, varied and challenging then this is the role for you. This is your chance to shine and set your design creativity loose on some of the amazing residential properties we work on.
If you have aspirations to excel in everything you do, progress within your career or are entrepreneurial in your thinking, you will have a distinct advantage. We are not looking for individuals who are happy with the status quo. We want people who are flexible, ambitious, and want to get on in life. The role is certainly demanding, there is a lot for you to do however the financial and personal rewards are there for anyone who puts in the work and goes the extra mile. With this role comes the possibility of progression to more senior positions within our business. For the highest performing Architects and Architectural Technicians with the right management and leadership skills there will be an opportunity to develop your career. The opportunities to progress within our business for the right individual are significant.
In the first instance to join us as an Architect or Architectural Technician you will be undertaking the design function for residential conversions, extensions and refurbishment schemes ranging from £35k to £500k. This will involve you meeting our clients at their property and undertaking a full measured CAD survey. As you develop you will soon be required to present your designs autonomously, clearly demonstrating the merits and how this will impact our clients lives. Initially this meeting will be supervised, then once you are able to demonstrate competency you will do this independently. You will also be required to quality check design functions carried out by others including other Designers and Structural Engineers. You will need to be pro-active in your management style by continually chasing our service providers to ensure they are delivering a quality product by the agreed timescales promised to our clients.
If you are a more experienced Architect you will likely be given more autonomy early on with your experience being invaluable to our business. You will be expected to adopt our systems of work however and an attitude of adopting change positively will be required from you.
To excel in the role your sales ability, understanding of what is possible and how best to achieve what our clients want when extending or converting their homes is important.
You will also be required to manage your projects for your area ensuring that all tasks carried out by you or our Designers, Engineers, Builders etc. are completed within agreed deadlines and to exacting standards. You will speak with and manage our service providers regularly. You will continually liaise with and meet with our clients to ensure they are well informed at all times. You will also have to chase up the various authorities for approvals and generally be proactive in managing the processes to deliver the excellent service we currently provide to our clients. You must be able to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills. As you will be liaising with our clients regularly, a good command of the English language is essential.
To do all this and as a minimum you must be proficient in AutoCAD Revit. You will possess a minimum of 2 years working experience of UK Building Regulations and Planning Regulations. Technical/construction drawing ability will be more important than high-end visual design. Although ability to produce high end visuals using specialist software would be an advantage.
Preferably you will be RIBA Part 3 qualified. We will also consider very experienced and capable RIBA Part 2 candidates.
You need to have a full UK driving licence and have your own available transport to get to our office and also to and from client properties.
We will give you all the necessary training and support you need to help you to be successful.
- Complete measured CAD surveys of existing residential properties throughout the South East
- Survey the existing property and plot using latest laser devices and importing into software (Magic Plan & AutoCAD)
- Produce existing, feasibility and construction designs in AutoCAD Revit
- Complete minimum of 4 projects per month
- First set of initial drawings with minimum 3 options to be issued within 2 weeks of survey.
- Plan ahead and coordinate other designers, assistants and service providers
- Manage Junior Designers and consultants including the critiquing of their surveys/designs to deliver all Bluelime projects to agreed time lines and quality.
- Client liaison delivering excellent customer service. Every client must be communicated with at least fortnightly.
- Meeting with clients and contractors on site as necessary.
- Helping the rest of the team upskill on Revit and assist with library creation.
- Advising and instructing designers and sub contract designers when queries arise beyond their ability
- Responsibilities as set out under RIBA rules and regulations allowing us to maintain the RIBA chartered practice designation.
- Meet with clients and go through the design brief line by line, mark up any changes/further detail as necessary
- Sketch out ideas with clients there and then if necessary
- All options to have budget build costs
- There is no limit on the amount of options to be produced as required by a client. However most involve no more than 6 options
- Design development with clients to achieve final design
- Submission of planning application
- Production of construction drawings with full electrical and mechanical layouts, door and ironmongery schedules
- Coordination of Structural Designs provided by Engineer
- Building Control applications
- Build Over Agreement applications
- Proficient in AutoCAD Revit
- Good presentation skills of designs to clients both face to face and by email
- Excellent communicator happy to communicate verbally with clients every 7 days minimum
- Planning and coordination skills of other designers and consultants involved in your projects.
- Knowledge of structural design aspects so you can instruct and understand information provided by our Structural Engineer
- Problem solving on yours and others projects.
- Understanding of construction costs.
- Effective team player and people manager
- Proficient with all aspects of MS Office programs including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- A working knowledge of UK Building Regulations and Planning restrictions would be advantageous.
- Strong telephone, email and face-to-face communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Must demonstrate the drive and ambition to beat targets on a month by month basis.
- Initially, must have your own transport, laptop with licensed Revit installed, mobile phone.
You will join us initially on a freelance, project by project basis where you will be paid per completed project.
You will be expected to complete one project per week as a minimum whilst balancing all your other responsibilities mentioned above. When you are up to speed and achieving this target of 4 projects per month your remuneration should equate to approximately £2000 - £2800 per month. However there is every chance you could complete more per month thereby increasing your income. After successfully completing your 3 month probationary period (when you should be completely and successfully handling your own projects, liaising with clients and consultants etc. completing projects on time to the satisfaction of us and your clients with virtually no input required from other team members)
there is a possibility you could switch onto a salary based permanent role attracting a salary between £24000 - £32000 depending on experience if this was a preferred option for you.
If you are interested please get in touch and email us your CV.
You can find out more about us by visiting www.bluelimeprojects.com