Architectural Assistant / Architect
Are you an Architectural Assistant or Architect looking to work in a design focused practice, working on exciting large scale residential and mixed-use regeneration projects? This role could be the perfect opportunity for you!
With over 10 years of experience creating sustainable residential and mixed-use projects around the UK, you shall become an integral part of a team of five design focused individuals, who think of themselves as a social family, where everyone on the team is treated as an equal in regard to status, with the same level of responsibility shared and where everyone’s ideas are listened to.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Design Director, you will be joining a team of 5 Architectural Designers, and shall be responsible for:
– Working across a variety of residential projects, through RIBA stages 0 – 3 (Specifically, may be brought onto a 2000 unit regeneration project in London)
– You will be responsible for feasibility studies and concept design stages
– Producing drawing packages including plans, cross-sections and elevations
– Responsibility in the office shall grow, leading to more client facing opportunities and management of own work load
Required Skills & Experience
– A confident communicator that is happy to be hands on
– A minimum of 1 year’s professional use of Revit (Revit proficiency is essential for this role)
– A minimum of 2 years’ experience post RIBA Part-II
– A minimum of 2 years professional UK working experience
– Professional, demonstrable experience running projects through RIBA Stages 0 to 3
– Have a keen interest in design, with a good eye for detailing
– Demonstrable staying power with a commitment to the practice
– Have excellent verbal and written English
– Experience working on Large-scale residential/mixed-use/regeneration projects within the UK
– Comfortable working on projects of various size, from 50 to 1000 units
– Have a sociable manner, and be able to work within a small and friendly team
– Able to hit the ground running with minimal supervision
Unfortunately, applications made without demonstrable evidence of professional Revit working examples, will not be considered for this position.
Salary & Package
– Negotiable salary depending on experience
– 20 days Holiday, increasing 1 day per year of service, up to 25 days.
– Bank Holidays
– Financial support in further education/memberships
The team are very sociable and enjoy spending time with each other out of the office, such events include, drinks at the local pub, arranged meals at restaurants of interest and key holiday celebrations. You will be joining a tight nit team with a family feel, where true friendships have been formed and the non-corporate environment creates a relaxed atmosphere.
The office benefits from a relaxed dress code. Working hours are 9:00 to 17:30, where it is encouraged that tools are down at 17:30.
Just an 8 minute walk from Old Street Station, and access to central bus routes, this a perfect location for commuters within central London. Walkable distance to Shoreditch High Street and Shoreditch Park, where you can enjoy the local restaurants and bars in your break times.