Project Manager - Permanent Position
Project Manager Required
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Manager to join our busy Estates & Property ( or Property services ) Team based at our UK Head Office in central Brighton.
The Project Manager would require experience of managing multi-disciplinary projects ranging in size from £50k to £2m. In particular experience in, building alternations, refurbishments, moves and plant upgrades. In addition must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of building regulations.
Essential experience required would be of managing Health & Safety issues within facilities projects and working knowledge of CDM Regulations and their practical implementation
About Study Group
We are a global company that prepares international students for university degree programmes, teaches high school education, and teaches English language courses. Study Group owns and operates colleges and also partners with more than 50 universities across the UK, Europe, North America and Australasia.
- Manage the execution of facilities improvement projects across the UK portfolio from inception to handover and completion.
- Work closely with the internal stakeholders to understand needs and requirements, ensuring that the ongoing quality, safety, health and environmental requirements of the operational facilities management are maintained at all times.
- Agree and document the scope of changes and deliver detailed specifications of work.
- Utilise tender/contractor selection processes in conjunction with the Procurement Team where appropriate. Ensure costs are monitored and any charge-backs are appropriately managed. Manage profitability of projects.
- Manage quality and delivery standards of the third- party contractors to ensure best value for money for Study Group.
- Work with the Health and Safety Manger and Auditor to ensure Contractor, project and design compliance with regard to Health and Safety legislation.
- Provide regular reporting on projects in progress and maintain a risk register to highlight actual/potential issues.
- Develop, maintain and monitor a plan to deliver upgrades to facilities. Identify and recommend business improvement projects and initiatives where required to ensure the corporate facilities are efficiently maintained to an appropriate standard.
- Respond to incidents as required, ensuring that appropriate action is taken.
- Have experience in financial appraisal & budget monitoring
- Have experience in JCT contracts
- Have experience in Change Control
The Ideal candidate
Would be self-motivated, versatile and have the ability to work your own initiative with little supervision. Capable of providing good quality documentation and demonstrate the ability to keep up to date with changes to current Health and Safety legislation.
It would be desirable but not essential, that you would have Knowledge of education sector would be helpful but it is more important that you are able to demonstrate an understanding of the complications of delivering projects in a live environment with young people present.
Study group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo basic safeguard training and operate within these guidelines” The appointment will be subject to both the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. The candidate must be suitable to work with children.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.