LSI Architects is an AJ100, award winning architectural practice with over 60 people, including Architects, Technologists and support staff, based in London and Norwich. Recognised as one of the construction industry’s leading employers, the Practice is a Sunday Times Best Small Company To Work For and is gold accredited by Investors In People.
LSI is a leading Architectural Practice in the education and healthcare sectors, also operating in the commercial, residential and workplace sectors, working on projects throughout the UK, with a particular focus on projects in London, Norfolk, Cambridge and the Eastern Region.
We seek to create sustainable, innovative, valuable and positive Architecture that improves lives, builds communities and enhances society, or as we put it – Life Touching Design.
We now require an experienced Project Architect (3-5 years PQE) in our London Studio to lead and deliver healthcare projects, varying in size from £50,000 to £10,000,000, for key clients in both the public and private sector.
Role & Responsibilities
The candidate will work within the acute healthcare team delivering a number of projects from inception to completion. Experience in dealing with projects on site and development of information packages to a working drawing level of detail is essential. The successful candidate will be expected to keep track of workload, fee forecasting and resourcing for their projects and assist Part I and Part II staff in developing their abilities, while working collaboratively within the practice to develop and share their own skills. Dealing face to face with clients and clinicians will also form a significant part of the role where a very high level of communication and professionalism will be expected. Experience in refurbishment and working with existing buildings will be an advantage.
Required skills and experience
- RIBA Part III qualified with 3-5 years PQE
- Healthcare sector experience, including acute healthcare
- Demonstrable experience of leading projects from feasibility through planning and to delivery
- Working knowledge of HBN and HTM
- Experience of running design and technical reviews
- Competence in 3D CAD and experience of BIM
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent technical detailing abilities
- Excellent understanding of current UK Planning and Building Regulations
- Ability to plan and strong organisational skills