Architect (Post-Part III with experience)
7 days left
- Full Time
Sutton Griffin Architects | Carter Jonas are looking for a qualified architect with minimum 3-years post-qualification experience to join our Oxford-based Architecture and Building Consultancy team. You will be required to take a leading role on a number of exciting new-build, regeneration, refurbishment and fit-out projects.
We offer a competitive salary of up to £40,000 per annum, depending on experience, plus professional membership fees and benefits
Sutton Griffin Architects | Carter Jonas is an award-winning architectural practice with a long-standing tradition, diverse and exciting range of projects and growing portfolio. We provide independent design, environment and sustainability advice. With a professional team comprising urban designers, architects, GIS technicians and graphic designers, we work across the UK for both the private and public sectors. The scope of our work extends from the city to the building, encompassing everything in between - towns, neighbourhoods, streets and spaces; from remaking the old to creating the completely new. As architects and urbanists we are not only passionate about good buildings but are equally fervent about the spaces in between.
As an integrated part of our Architecture and Building Consultancy team, we provide masterplanning, architecture, planning, development, feasibility and property services for projects which range from complex, brownfield inner-city regeneration sites through to new settlements, urban extensions, business parks, leisure developments and mixed-use schemes. Our work ranges from large-scale strategic placemaking including city visions and strategic masterplans, regeneration strategies and frameworks, to detailed building design, sustainability studies, design guidance and coding. We are able to deliver every aspect of our visions, at all scales.
The candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and run projects through concept, planning, design, tender and construction in addition to working directly with clients and coordinating internal team, external consultants and contractors.
You will be involved in new building designs, extensions, alterations, restorations and conservations from the earliest stages right through to completion. Our design ethos is client-focused therefore the ultimate goal is to match client’s needs and to produce sustainable, functional and aesthetically pleasing designs.
Sutton Griffin Architects | Carter Jonas deal with a multiplicity of projects in the commercial, residential, education sectors, to name a few, and therefore a broad and detailed knowledge of products and current legislation is required.
You should also have excellent communication, design and presentation skills with previous knowledge in Revit, AutoCad, SketchUp and Adobe Suite desirable. Candidates should be able to demonstrate an understanding of construction procurement options and contractual obligations.
- Undertaking projects in accordance with the RIBA Plan of Work
- Creating architectural designs and detailed drawings and presenting those in a clear and concise manner
- Liaising with construction professionals throughout the life span of the architectural project
- Assisting the client to identify their aspirations and understand the design and construction process.
- Working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists
- Applying for planning permission and liaising with planning authorities and other statutory stakeholders
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Producing tender packages and specifying the requirements for the project
- Carrying out contract administration duties
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction
- Playing an important part in project and team management
- Attending client meetings, project meetings and project sites.
- Minimum 3-years post qualification
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- High levels of creativity and imagination
- Excellent design and drafting skills and proficiency with computer-aided design (CAD)
- Fully versed in both detailing and UK Building Regulations
- Contract administration and site experience
- A keen interest in the built environment and the dedication to provide a client-focused service
- Willingness to go the extra mile and able to cope with time and budget pressure
- A keen eye for detail, as well as the ability to see the bigger picture of a project
- Organisational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks by identifying priorities
- An analytical mind with prompt problem-solving attitude
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of other professionals
- An awareness of the specific environmental and social impact of the projects
- Willingness to actively participate to business development
We look for individuals who are:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
Apply for Architect (Post-Part III with experience)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly