Architectural Technician, Sutton Griffin|Carter Jonas LLP
Sutton Griffin | Carter Jonas are looking for a talented Architectural Technician to join their Architecture and Building Consultancy team in the Oxford studio.
Sutton Griffin Architects is an award-winning architectural practice with a long-standing tradition, diverse and exciting range of projects and growing portfolio. We provide independent design, environment and sustainability advice. With a professional team comprising urban designers, architects, GIS technicians and graphic designers, we work across the UK for both the private and public sectors. The scope of our work extends from the city to the building, encompassing everything in between - towns, neighbourhoods, streets and spaces; from remaking the old to creating the completely new. As architects and urbanists we are not only passionate about good buildings but are equally fervent about the spaces in between.
As an integrated part of the Carter Jonas Architects and Building Consultancy team, we provide masterplanning, architecture, planning, development, viability and property services for projects which range from complex, brownfield inner-city regeneration sites through to new settlements, urban extensions, business parks, leisure developments and mixed-use schemes. Our work ranges from large-scale strategic placemaking including city visions and strategic masterplans, regeneration strategies and frameworks, to detailed building design, sustainability studies, design guidance and coding. We are able to deliver every aspect of our visions, at all scales.
You will be joining a multi-disiplinary team of Architects, Surveyors, Planners and Urban Designers in a creative and modern studio, assisting Project Architects in the preparation and submission of planning applications, undertaking technical reviews of concept designs, producing detailed drawings and specifications for building regulations applications and tender packages, field and answer technical queries and RFI’s from contractors, co-ordination of contractors/sub-contractors information and attending site inspections.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the UK as an Architectural Technician/Technologist.
- Fully proficient in AutoCAD
- Use of BIM software (i.e. Revit) is would be an advantage although training can be provided
- Must be capable of developing stage 4 construction packages from stage 3 designs with limited supervision
- Fully versed in both detailing and UK Building regulations
- Contract administration and site experience
- Excellent communication
- NBS specification writing experience would be an advantage
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and have a driving licence
We look for individuals who are:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm