Architect Part III
Hoban Design are offering a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced post-Part 3 Architect to join our London based architectural practice. Hoban Design is an award-winning firm and considered one of London’s finest practices specialising in the design and delivery of luxury residences. We have a team of +10 staff and pride ourselves on our friendly and supportive team environment.
The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to design and project manage a wide variety of prestigious projects liaising directly with our high-profile clients.
We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate a substantial experience in all duties from design inception through to completion. The candidate must have excellent skills in communication, time management and delegation of design processes. It will also be essential for the candidate to be self-motivated and to drive projects forward independently while being an integral member of our team. The candidate will need excellent multi-tasking skills to work on two to three projects in parallel.
The responsibilities of the role are as follows:
-develop concept designs and prepare concept design presentations
-develop and coordinate statutory approval information including planning and building control compliance
-coordinate and communicate with project design team including external consultants
-direct liaison and regular communications with the clients
-develop and coordinate detailed design including tender and construction packages
-carry out construction stage project management duties and take the lead in contract administration duties
-regular delegation of workloads to team members while providing confident leadership and oversight
The following requirements are essential:
- post-graduate qualification in Architecture
- competent knowledge and substantial experience of UK statutory processes and regulations including building regulations, planning regulations and conservation
- demonstrative experience and knowledge in architectural detailing and specification
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- demonstrative experience in construction stage project management
- proficiency in Vectorworks (full proficiency experience is not essential but an ability to work on Vectorworks from the start will be mandatory)
- design flair and enthusiasm for working in a very enjoyable and ultimately highly rewarding environment.
If you are interested in this role with excellent career development opportunities, please email your CV, portfolio and a brief description of why you would like to join Hoban Design. Any attachments must be pdf no larger than 10mb.