An established, award winning architectural firm, who have built a strong reputation outside London and have recently opened an office in the centre of the Capital. Currently seeking a number of new team members for this exciting new venture, the firm offers a culture of personal and professional development and progression to any who join them.
Founded in Hampshire, the company have developed a team of 21 and are now looking toward an exciting new venture in London. With their most recent Architect of the Year Award, the firm describe themselves as a creative and pragmatic studio with a broad portfolio of small and large scale residential, education, office, cultural and masterplanning schemes.
Roles & Responsibilities
Under minimal Director supervision, you will be responsible for taking responsibility as the team leader for specific areas of the design and project development. Other responsibilities will include:
- Managing medium to large scale projects and/or numerous small scale projects, with a particular focus on residential and education schemes
- Preparing and developing surveys, plans, specifications, drawings, models and images
- Producing detailed drawings
- Attending regular meetings with clients, contractors, consultants and authorities; including planning and delivering client presentations
- Liaising with internal and external team members and organisations
- Supervising and tutoring junior staff
- Involvement in business development including networking and attending professional events in order to win new business
- Working with the Directors to set out budgets, costs, deadlines and resources
Required Skills & Experience
- RIBA Part III qualified with a minimum of 5 years’ PQE
- A strong background leading UK residential and/or education projects
- Good, all-round experience across all RIBA work stages
- Experience leading, coordinating and supervising internal and external teams
- Previous experience in a client facing role
- An understanding of the financial aspects of running a project on time and on budget
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Vectorworks is preferable
Candidates should be able to work well under pressure, demonstrate their ability to meet deadlines efficiently and be confident in making decisions independently.
Salary & Package
This position is offered on a full-time, permanent basis at a salary of circa £45,000, depending on experience, in addition to the following benefits:
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Contributory pension
- Healthcare (after 2 years of service)
- ARB membership paid for or funding towards Part III studies
Working hours are 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
Working from new refurbished offices in Oxford Circus, you’ll form part of a new team with an exciting vision for the future. As a company, they believe their people are their greatest asset and they are continually learning, expanding their knowledge base and striving to realise the full potential of all those who work there.
Apply for Senior Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly