Experienced Project Architect for Central London practice
Based in new offices just a stones throw from Old Street roundabout, Gpad London are offering the opportunity for talented individuals to join their team to help deliver a range of exciting projects. We work on a broad mix of projects which range from residential infill projects up to large commercial new builds, predominantly in London but also in the other major hubs in the UK. Recently completed projects include One Cathedral Square, Bristol, Black Bull Yard, Farringdon and Concordia Works, Leeds.
We are looking for Part III qualified individuals, but equal to qualifications in experience and we are keen to speak to those with practice based experience. Experience of office based developments is particularly key for some of our current projects.
Alongside the qualifications and practice experience, we look for individuals with particular qualities and attributes. If you feel you have the below qualities and attributes please don't hesitate to contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we'd be pleased to provide you with more information around the position we have available.
Qualities and Attributes of Candidates
As well as being great designers, we are looking for talented people that have the following qualities and attributes regardless of their role or experience level.
- We are looking for candidates with a thirst for knowledge and those that continually strive to be better and grow professionally as well as in design terms.
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- It’s so important that an individual is able to critique themselves, as well as critiquing designs, briefs and the work of others in the practice, to ensure the best solutions are achieved. We operate in a very open way, which encourages constructive feedback, but this also requires individuals to be able to accept criticism and respond to it positively.
- The work we do is fast paced and we need people that aren’t scared to speak up. Raising queries, defending design, chasing responses, challenging project teams, these are all things that are critical to keeping a project moving but also keeping it in line with the design brief, therefore we need people with enough confidence to have their voice heard.
- Proactive, with good common sense.
- This may seem obvious but we are looking for candidates that can think not only as designers, but also to be able to put themselves in the position of a developer or a director. To have the ability to think about the business as the owners do and be proactive in continuously helping to improve the performance, efficiency, reputation and service of the practice.
- It’s important that our people show real commitment to our clients and their projects. It generates long-standing relationships and those relationships unlock creativity and confidence.
- Calm and collected
- At times we work under pressure and we need people that have the ability to continue to deliver work despite periods of high pressure. Being adaptable enough to pick up new projects quickly is also critical.
- Fun and friendly
- As a practice we want people that are a passionate about what they do and have fun with it.