Part II Architectural Assistant
An organisation renowned for their pioneering legacy in sustainability and the built environment, offering the opportunity of an envious package, sociable environment and the opportunity to meet some of the most famous faces in the world.
An unusual role is now available within a very original consultancy practice in Central London, whose core value is to improve the quality of life for those within the communities in which they build. The team are experts across a broad range of disciplines, working collaboratively to deliver high quality social, environmental and economic benefits to established communities.
The practice has a wide spectrum of projects in the UK and overseas; predominantly volume house building and contemporary traditional building design. Recent projects include a multi-million pound urban regeneration scheme in London, the creation of a new ‘urban village’ in Wales and a huge entire city masterplan in Newquay which will comprise 4000 new homes.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Project Lead/Project Director, the successful candidate will take on a role working as an integral part of the projects team to deliver a high quality consultancy service to a wide range of clients and at a range of scales, employing the latest tools and techniques. The role will frequently be part of a multidisciplinary team implementing traditional architecture and urbanism. Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Drawing up house types at the architectural scale in 3D and 2D
- Preparing detailed drawings for buildings and landscape elements
- Assist with drawing up master plans and site plans
- Assist with developing design codes and design and access statements
- Attending meetings and assisting in the design coordination of projects
- Undertake project-based research in sustainable building, land development, master planning, regeneration, etc.
- Collate information from multiple sources and prepare high-quality reports, publications and presentations in InDesign
- Develop high quality visualizations (both by hand and electronically) using a range of mediums including AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, InDesign and Adobe Create Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop)
This role would make a fantastic springboard for those looking to move over to a developer in the future.
Required Skills & Experience
- RIBA Part II qualified
- A minimum of 3 years UK experience, with the majority in traditional architecture & urban design
- Experience of housing, masterplanning and site layouts
- Knowledge of putting together design and access statements and/or design codes
- Demonstrable design flair and technical aptitude
- Evidence of a rounded experience at all RIBA stages of work
- Strong people skills including proven ability to negotiate effectively and achieve consensus with a variety of individuals and groups
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
- Advanced experience in AutoCAD, Sketchup & Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of V-Ray would be beneficial
Salary & Package
The successful candidate will be offered a salary between £27,000 – £30,000 depending on experience.
In addition, the firm also offers flexible working hours, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), a contributory pension plan and a TOIL arrangement for those who travel for the needs of the business.
Based from modern offices within the design-hub of Shoreditch, the practice offers a friendly and sociable working environment, with a selection of pubs and restaurants nearby where they have regular staff lunches or drinks after work.
Apply for Part II Architectural Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly