Design Architect RIBA PII / PIII
PT 2/3 – ARCHITECT / PREFABICATION DESIGN SPECIALIST
Location – Kingsland Basin, London N1
Salary – Flexible (DOE) £30-£45 K
Posted - 11 Sept 2017
Closes - 22 Sept 2017
We are looking for a passionate design architect ideally with offsite / prefab experience to expand our research team into BIM orientated housing design.
Over the past 12 years Autor has developed an award winning planning design methodology parametrically linking urban design and construction parameters. With this approach we have achieved high planning success rates while preparing schemes for cost effective construction. Autodesk has recently provided the office with five free licences of Revit for research purposes.
We are looking for an experienced UK architect motivated to expand our design research into BIM and standardised detail libraries working together with our directors and external universities. You will have solid experience in housing design and construction procurement and/or in prefabricated building technologies.
We have just won a series of eight new projects in their early stages that require a confident and experienced designer to work closely with our directors to help move them forward. Having developed an award winning contextual design approach that links urban design with BIM, prefabrication and sustainability, we are seeking applications from enthusiastic architects and designers.
The position available would suit applicants with strong design and technical ability, as well as an interest in prefabrication and construction detailing. Applicants must also be flexible and keen to learn our office systems, as well as committed to growing with us over the coming years.
Min. 3years UK experience | Knowledge of negotiating planning on large scale residential schemes, good knowledge of housing standards and design as well as construction detailing. Software: Vectorworks, CS6, Sketchup, Revit.
Skills and Attributes:
- RIBA Part 3 qualified with good previous office experience.
- exceptional design portfolio
- an ability to think creatively
- a strong interest in concept design to construction detail
- ideally have experience in and a passion for working on residential projects
- ideally be proficient in Vectorworks, together with knowledge of working in 3D
- excellent 3D modeling skills – physical and digital (Sketchup / Revit)
- excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator
- thorough and conscientious, with a sensitivity for detail and presentation
- posses good communication and organizational skills
- fluent in both written and spoken English
- excellent time management skills, and an ability to manage conflicting or multiple deadlines
- be able to work independently and as part of a team under the guidance of a project architect
No more than ten candidates will be invited for interviews. Autor Architecture is an equal opportunities employer. Please note that we will not be able to contact all applicants
Please click apply and submit an application letter with accompanying CV, references and examples of work (max 5MB)