Senior Revit Architect
Are you a natural born leader with experience managing high value educational and residential projects through from inception to completion? If so, my Southwark based client is waiting for you to join their friendly and non-corporate team of 15.
Role & Responsibilities
With 2 UK offices, work is split by location. As a Senior Architect for the Southwark office you will be responsible for a variety of educational and residential projects for London and the surrounding areas. The practice have a particular focus on projects in Hertfordshire, where they are part of the framework for a variety of educational projects.
You will be working on a number of different projects at one time. Roughly 30% of projects in the office right now are lower education, 30% higher education, 30% residential and 10% civic and cultural. With particular emphasis on the technical stages you will be assisting a team of Architects, consciously enthusing them and ensuring you lead by example. You will be taking projects all the way through from inception to completion, with projects typically valued at £10m +.
Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent design skills and creative flair
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience post RIBA Part 3 qualification, within a UK based practice
- Experience working at all project stages and leading teams delivering projects valued at £10m+
- Strong technical and graphics skills including the ability to communicate design information through different mediums; from CAD, 3D modelling and BIM to freehand sketches, diagrams and physical models
- Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to enthuse and inspire a team
- Experience delivering technical packages to a high standard, specifically on UK based educational and residential projects
- Thorough understanding of design issues on large scale projects
- Demonstrable experience in successfully delivering projects from inception to completion
- Full proficiency of Revit in a professional capacity (a minimum of 1 year)
- Working knowledge of Sketchup, Adobe CS Suite and NBS specification writing
- The ability to be able to work using your own initiative
- A fantastic understanding of current UK Building Regulations
- Ability to work within a medium sized team, where good communication skills and co-ordination are key
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Experience working in Vectorworks would also be highly beneficial
Salary & Package
Salary for this role is competitive and dependent on each applicants experience. In addition to this you will also receive a fantastic benefits package as follows:
- 20 days holiday, increasing to 25 days after 5 years of service
- Statutory Pension contribution of 2.5 % which rises to 4.5% after passing your probation
- Season ticket loans
- Eye care
- Christmas office closure (in addition to annual holiday allowance)
- Laptop lease
Just an 8 minute walk from London Bridge train station, the location of my clients office is perfect for commuters coming in to Waterloo. This team of 15 has a fantastic mixture of characters who have perfectly created a friendly and non-corporate environment. Colleagues have created genuine friendships and the company encourages a good work life balance where late evenings are only expected when they have strict deadlines, however the occurrence of this is very rare.
Personal and professional growth is important to the business, and there is a strong commitment to the development of their staff. Fortnightly CPD reviews are held, 3 yearly appraisals and a fortnightly knowledge share meeting for the team where individuals get to present ideas, show work that is underway and discuss projects that are currently being managed.
With another of their offices being based in Hampshire they try their very best to get together as one large team twice a year or more. The Christmas party and a summers day out is organised for the team to enjoy collectively. Separate to this, the London team meet weekly to present themes and discuss projects, sometimes with drinks and a lunch spread in the office. Opinions are listened to and having the opportunity to socialise inside and outside of the office is very important to them.
Flexible working hours are also available, catering for different individuals commute or external commitments.