Head of Architecture
Looking for a new challenge? A position where your high-end residential knowledge can be thoroughly utilised to lead an Architectural team? This is your opportunity to join one of the most prestigious and luxurious multi-disciplinary studios of London today.
Founded over 30 years ago, my client has a reputation for producing some of the highest quality architectural and interior design projects. Renowned for creating exceptional designs for luxurious private residences, their work ranges from London penthouses and apartments, to family homes and country estates. With 2 UK offices and a team of 50 professionals, the studio infuse their projects with thoughtful attention to detail, from concept through to completion and deliver unique design solutions to meet clients requirements.
This is an ideal role for someone with project and team Leading experience who is looking for a step up, or someone that is already head of architecture, looking for a move into a highly creative environment.
Role & Responsibilities
As Head of Architecture you will lead creative concepts, run pitches, prepare and present design proposals and manage the day-to-day communication with clients on the highest profile projects. You will also lead and inspire the architectural team, coaching and mentoring Architects to support succession planning. This is a superb senior role with lots of autonomy and high profile exposure, you must therefore be able to positively represent the business and brand at all times.
Further responsibilities will be as follows:
- Develop design language of the studio
- Managing a team of Architects and multiple projects at once
- Overseeing and be responsible for the signoff of all studio work
- Delivering client presentations and pitches
- Delivering projects on time
- Assisting with presentation material and presentations
Required Skills & Experience
As a key appointment for the business, you should have a solid track history of working for a high profile, London based Architectural practice and have developed a reputation for a strong design ethos and excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders. Furthermore, you will be a natural leader with a strong understanding of what motivates your team. In addition to this, you will should meet the following requirements:
- A fully qualified Architect (Ideally RIBA & ARB registered)
- A minimum of 5 years UK experience working on High-End and Prime Residential projects
- Demonstrable management experience
- Technically strong
- Experienced in running prestigious projects for private clients and delivering these to an exceptional standard
- Ability to demonstrate a proven ability to build and manage relationships with clients
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Have a flair for design and fantastic eye for detail
- An excellent knowledge of UK planning and listed building consents
- Excellent software knowledge of AutoCAD
- Able to clearly communicate your drawings
- Excellent 2D and 3D technical drawing ability
- Extensive UK experience within the Super-Prime Residential sector, with a portfolio of projects across prime boroughs of London
- A portfolio that communicates your experience of the above
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
Unfortunately applicants who do not meet all of the above requirements, will not be considered for this position.
Salary & Package
£75,000 + DOE