Project Architect / Project Manager
An established and well regarded multi-disciplinary property consultancy is looking to appoint a Project Architect / Project Manager to join its successful estate, project management and design team based in superb station-side offices with fast links into central London and Cambridge.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious architect to develop their professional, creative and technical skills within a friendly, enthusiastic and motivated environment, and to take a lead role managing in-house and external teams. For the right candidate, there are excellent prospects for career progression as the consultancy continues to grow and market share increases.
The team advises a wide range of clients in the private and public sectors and is currently engaged in various high quality planning, design and construction projects in the residential and commercial sectors including prestigious motor vehicle dealerships in Hertfordshire and Essex.
Candidates must be Part III qualified and should be able to demonstrate a proven ability in the provision of design and project management services and contract administration. This is a strong professional organisation with an excellent track record of client service and candidates should have a commitment to client care as well as a willingness to create new business. Most importantly, candidates will have a strong work ethic and an ability to maintain current client relationships and forge new business links with excellent interpersonal skills.
Role & Responsibilities
Coming into the business as a Project Architect / Project Manager, you will be one of the main points of contact for clients within the practice. The role involves collating and coordinating work from our strong and experienced multidisciplinary team of Architects, Engineers and Chartered Surveyors, as well as taking on business development duties, which are an integral part of the proposed role. You will also be expected to contribute to design and technical development of the team, and take the lead in coordinating production of design, technical or structural drawings and information.
Your primary duties will include: -
- Sourcing and participating in networking events;
- Obtaining leads and developing them into meetings with new clients;
- Making fee proposals, negotiating and agreeing appointments, leading activities related to expansion into new target sectors;
- Complete management of multiple projects from inception to completion;
- Full client liaison;
- Monitoring deadlines in collaboration with the design, technical and structural team;
- Sourcing and facilitating appointments of external consultants; advising and guiding clients with regards to all aspects of projects.
Required Skills & Experience
- Part III Qualified with a minimum of 4 years’ PQE professional and UK experience.
- Proven experience delivering both high-end private client and developer projects from inception to completion.
- Proven management of multidisciplinary teams including Architects, Planners and Engineers.
- Proven experience of generating leads and converting them into successful projects.
- Solid knowledge and experience working through all RIBA stages.
- Up to date knowledge of UK Planning Policies and standards.
- Exceptional organisational, time and people management skills.
- Excellent networking, personal communication, and client relation skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to liaise effectively with clients, external consultants and in-house teams.
Salary & Package
The successful candidate will be offered a basic salary of circa £45,000 - £60,000 dependent on experience. They will also be given the option to join the new Government led pension scheme. In addition they will be entitled to 25-days holiday, plus statutory holidays.
The practice is a close-knit team of 24 people who have plans for future growth. The open plan office is based alongside Harlow Town Park and is a mere minute’s walk from the local train station.
The practice offers staff members ongoing opportunities to progress and develop during their employment and due to the multi-disciplines within the firm you’ll gain a great amount of exposure to different aspects of the business.