We are currently looking for an ambitious Qualified Architect to come and join our small team of friendly and dedicated professionals delivering creative, dynamic and high quality Architecture & Interior Design services across the South West – we are proud finalists of the Exeter Living Awards 2017 and with lots of projects booked ahead we envisage an exciting future.
To join our team you need to show us that you develop excellent customer relationships, you have top quality stakeholder management skills and you have a flair for project management (to budget, time and client expectations). It goes without saying that you will also need to have top quality technical design skills; these will need to be suitable for new builds, refurbishments and reconfigurations in a commercial or residential setting.
To apply, please send us your CV, examples from your portfolio and salary expectations, and make sure you show us the following key requirements
- You are RIBA Part 3 qualified
- You have strong working knowledge of relevant systems and software e.g. AutoCAD & Photoshop
- You know how to run NBS specifications
- You have strong knowledge and ability producing working packages for construction projects
- You have significant experience (ideally 5 years post Part 3) as a technical design architect
- Your knowledge of relevant UK building legislation is up-to-date, including knowledge of planning applications and listed building applications
- You have excellent client management/communication skills, ideally demonstrated in a consultancy/practice environment
- You are a top quality project manager, able to show examples of delivery within budget and on time
- You can handle pressure well, in particular you can make the right decisions, apply sound judgement and you manage expectations of others to achieve successful outcomes
- You are committed to your CPD and PDP (not least because this is an essential requirement of the RIBA)
- You must have your own transport (especially for site visits)
As a company we offer 23 days plus bank holidays, company pension and flexible working hours (with potential to work at home subject). We will also pay your ARB fees. The salary (£30,000 – £40,000) is negotiable subject to experience and skill set.
Our studio is in the countryside about 10 miles from Exeter (no stressful commute which is great) but a car is essential. Don’t worry about parking as there is plenty of free parking on site.