The NPS Group (NPS) is one of the country’s most respected property design and management consultancies with offices throughout the UK. We are a multi-disciplinary practice and our expanding business offers exceptional career prospects and opportunities.
NPS Barnsley are seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Architect to join their established team on a permanent basis with management responsibility for the Design and Maintenance Team. The successful candidate will be based in our Barnsley office.
The Senior Architect, will be responsible for providing the full range of line management to the Design team in line with NPS Group policy and to support in the provision of a high quality service that delivers required profit and customer service levels.
- Deliver a quality design service for all projects that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Provide and maintain high standards of design, construction and contract management, and support the senior colleagues in maintain standards and ensuring compliance.
- Provide vision, guidance and direction to the Design and Maintenance team, manage and allocate team resources to projects and ensure development of all staff within the team.
- Manage the quality and output of the Design and Maintenance Section to maintain and develop the design service to meet our client’s current and future requirements, and achieve required profit levels.
- Prepare and check drawings and specification, for schemes technical accuracy and compliance with appropriate standards.
- Lead and manage the delivery of a design review service across multi-disciplines, maintaining and promoting high standards of design, construction and contract management and promote Sustainable Design across the team, and within projects wherever possible.
- Provide architectural advice to clients.
- Ensure that services are delivered to best industry practice in compliance with statutory and industry standards, deployment, implementation and consistent use of NPS Group CAD standards across the Design team.
- Ensure continuous design improvement via services monitoring (post project evaluations, CSQ’s, feedback, etc.) and by undertaking and documenting regular design reviews.
- Provide a full professional building maintenance service.
- Ensure compliance with Contract Procedure Rules and Financial Regulations
- Responsible for identifying new business opportunities.
- Fee earning at 90%, and contribute to the achievement of business plan objectives and targets.
- This role requires frequent travel to other offices and sites as required.
- Inspire a culture of excellence and continuous improvement, ensuring the delivery of demonstrable high quality products and services which embrace quality standards.
- The ideal candidate will hold professional membership of the Architects Registration Board and Professional Chartered Membership of the Royal Institution of British Architects.
- This role requires management experience along with a forward thinking and supportive leadership style
- Experience of programming and managing property surveys and as a project manager or team leader on major and/or complex projects or programmes is essential.
In return, NPS offers a wide range of benefits including generous remuneration, excellent working conditions, training and development as well as flexible working and 25+ days holiday allowance.
NPS aims for our employees to be truly representative of our society and welcomes applications from all sections of our communities. We are wholly committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.
Apply for Senior Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly