Part II Architectural Assistant
An opportunity for an experienced Part II Architectural Assistant to join a corporate, yet design-led, architectural practice and work on prominent residential schemes in London. A competitive benefits package and sociable team environment are just some of the perks of working for this reputable London firm.
Their portfolio boasts a number of projects across a wide range of sectors, including offices, industrial and masterplanning; whilst their dominant sectors remain residential-led mixed-use and hotel schemes.
Role & Responsibilities
This role is offered on a full time permanent basis and will see the successful candidate initially work alongside the Associate on a prominent new build residential scheme behind a retained façade from planning stages. Your input may also be required on other residential and/or hotel projects that the firm have in progress.
Required Skills & Experience
- Qualified at RIBA Part II level or above (or equivalent) with a minimum of 2 years’ professional UK project experience
- Experience working on mid to large scale UK residential projects
- Familiarity with UK building regulations and planning standards
- Demonstrable experience in the production of planning and technical drawing packages
- A high level of proficiency in AutoCAD and InDesign is essential
- Experience in Revit, Sketchup and Photoshop would be highly advantageous
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
Salary & Package
The salary for this role is £27,000 – £33,000 depending on experience. In addition, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme
- Discretionary bonuses
- Childcare vouchers
- Memberships and subscriptions paid for
- Half-yearly appraisals
The offices are modern, light and airy and are located within easy reach of both Farringdon and Barbican stations.
Whilst the firm operates within a corporate working environment and have a hard-working culture, they know how to put on a party. The Directors throw the usual summer and Christmas parties, often take the team for after-work drinks on a Friday, and go for the occasional meal out or order pizza in the office.