RIBA Appointments is supporting this award winning AJ100 company in East London, who is urgently looking for a Commercial Director to join their team.
You will work under supervision of a Senior Commercial Director, dealing with all commercial related matters of all projects. You will also supervise the work of a junior member of Commercial Team who would assist the Commercial Director and the Commercial Team in dealing with the overall workload. 95% of the job is office based, with 5% on site activity. You need to be familiar with UK Construction activities and regulations as 60% is on a London based listed high end residential building in Central London and 40% based on international projects.
You will have excellent calculation & commercial skills, the ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbal, be very well organised to meet demanding deadlines, have the ability to plan your own workload under the guidance of the Commercial Director and be highly disciplined in organising and managing your workload whilst being able to multi-task and work on different projects and with multiple teams across the practice.
Your activities will also include, but will not be limited to;
• Working under pressure of time and tight deadlines and occasional overtime
• Have sufficient knowledge over procurement strategies and construction technologies
• Prepare detailed Cost Estimations, BOQ’s, Specifications & Outline delivery programmes
• Prepare and Evaluate Construction, Projects and Consultants Billings
• Prepare Valuation and Certification of Payments
• Evaluate and prepare Project Cash Flow Forecasts and Financial Charts
• Prepare cost tracking for sequential costing
• Have an Understanding of Contract Administration, Preparation of Request for Proposals and Fee Proposals
• Arrange tender documentation, organise contractor pre-qualification and evaluate tenders
• Participation in contractor selection, negotiation and appointment
• Follow up actual versus target budgets, and cost control of the project
• Have site experience and have also experience with architectural technical drawings and data
• Be familiar with Revit, AutoCAD (for extracting quantities) and Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Wrike, TeamBinder, Newforma, Spexx, Exxpedite, SAP and be willing to learn new programs
Apply for Commercial Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly