A fun and sociable place to work, where staff are nurtured and appreciated. A good benefits package and interesting, complex projects also adds to the appeal, while their location in the heart of City is perfect for foodies and bar lovers.
Founded over 50 years ago, this award winning architecture & interior design practice has developed a strong reputation for their specialism in commercial offices and data centres. While their portfolio does consist of projects across other sectors, their office & workplace schemes dominate, promoting their skills in inspirational design. The firm work mostly with private clients including Aviva and Jaguar; although they have a few developer clients too.
With two offices, the London practice consists of 30 staff, while their office in Europe has an additional 35 team members.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be required to perform design and drawing assignments and assist in management tasks under the support of more senior colleagues where required. Initial projects will include the technically complex refurbishment of some commercial buildings in Hoxton. Responsibilities include:
- The preparation of new and adaptations to existing designs, drawings, specifications and schedules to suit design development and information release requirements
- Independently evaluate, select and apply knowledge of design and construction techniques; traditional or contemporary
- Assist in client management tasks
– Assist in coordinating teams
Required Skills & Experience
– RIBA Part II qualified (or equivalent) or above
– A minimum of 4 years’ experience of design and construction procedures through regular site visits and project monitoring
– Confident in the entire design process from concept through to technical design
– Demonstrable technical and construction knowledge, including technical drawing packages and construction detail packages
– Previous experience in the commercial office sector is essential
– Competent in the use of AutoCAD and Revit
Salary & Package
The successful applicant will be offered a salary of up to £43,000 depending on experience, in addition to the following benefits:
– Company pension (6% employer contribution)
– Private Medical Insurance
– Professional fees and subscriptions paid for
– 23 days annual leave + bank holidays, increasing to 26 days (includes 3 days at Christmas for office shutdown)
– Regular CPD (at least once a week)
The office is situated in the heart of City, with 3 different underground stations within easy reach. The MD is a self-proclaimed foodie, so loves taking the team to a top restaurant for their Christmas lunch.
The London team is a really sociable bunch and do plenty together, from trips out with clients (fly fishing and golf days) to staff vacations; last year, it was a weekend in Rome! They’re often thinking of new ways to get out as a team and have done all sorts, from a day out at the races to climbing the O2.
The MD also chairs a monthly ‘open house’ where he will update the team on the company’s progress and financials, while others present about current projects. Everyone gets involved, and nibbles and drinks are laid out on the company. Afterwards, everyone heads down to their local pub.
The firm are very proud of their low staff turnover and offer an environment and culture that motivates and helps move careers forward.