Are you an Architectural Technologist in Kent looking for a new opportunity within Architecture?
An RIBA chartered practice based in Canterbury, Kent are keen to add an experienced Architectural Technologist or Technician to their expanding team. The role has been created a result of new projects and expansion. This is a permanent position. Salary up to £40k depending on skills and experience. Ideally would suit someone who is keen to work closely with the owner of a firm and benefit from exposure to the aspects of projects.
Reasons to work here
- Beautiful offices in a rural setting
- Exciting projects across multi sectors
- Friendly, supportive team with an open door policy
- Solid flow of work and projects being awarded
- Generous and competitive salary & package
I have previously placed a Technician with this practice who is still there and the feedback has been very positive.
This colourful, modern, friendly company has been operating for more than 30 years focusing on multi disciplinaries such as Residential and commercial focusing on providing high end architectural and development services to the construction industry. They can offer job security, solid projects and a long standing career within Architecture & Construction.
They have a respected reputation in the local area, offering a complete service from feasibility studies through to completion.
- Feasibility studies
- Planning applications
- Design and build contracts
- Building regulation applications
- Working drawings
- Computer generated images
- Brochure artwork
- Site procurement
- Building Contracts
You will assist the architects in driving and leading projects through to completion. You will possess excellent people skills and engage in regular communications with clients reporting on progress and resolving issues on site. On a personal note you will enjoy a positive working atmosphere, work well with others, have a good honest and open approach to working along with a good sense of humour. This would suit someone wanting to further their career through hard work and dedication.
The ideal person will be a creative individual with an innovative flair for design, good presentation skills and highly proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketchup and Microsoft Office. Good communication and interpersonal skills are key to this role.
Reporting director to you will be responsible for preparation of detailed construction packages, details and specifications, working parallel with external consultants and suppliers working on full tender packages for residential and commercial projects in addition to running projects. A knowledge of Kentish vernacular detailing would be desirable but not essential.
Other duties will include
- Attending office site meetings
- Liaising with building control departments
- Suggesting improvements
- Technical assistance
Education + Experience
- Degree or equivalent experience in Architectural Technology
- Ideally MCIAT qualified or have an RIBA equivalent
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience delivering technical packages in the commercial or residential sectors
- Strong understanding of the current Building Regulations
- Demonstrate the ability to be able to work on their own initiative and have excellent communication skills.
- Excellent AutoCAD and IT (Microsoft Office) skills
If this is you then contact Paul Deery at Bear Architectural recruitment on 01273242851 / 07496385806 or apply within.
Equally if you know of someone who would be suitable then feel free to pass on my details